Author Topic: New Member Hello - AC Royal 1925  (Read 8422 times)

AC-Crankcase

• View Profile
New Member Hello - AC Royal 1925
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2017, 21:30:56 »
Thank you John,

As to your starter, it depends on which Anzani you have fitted to your car.  I have the big Anzani and all of my electrics are CAV.  In consideration of your head and sidelights and the CAV panel on your dashboard I would assume you have the big engine and CAV electrics???

I have just looked at my car and cannot see any numbers on the starter and I am afraid the spares list is not any more illuminating only listing it as '12799 Electric Starter CAV'.  The number is of course an AC number as they numbered every part of the car!!  I will dig a little further into my archive and see if I can find a model number.

All the best,
   Tom

j9nno

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2017, 19:07:53 »
quote:
Originally posted by AC-Crankcase

Thank you John,

As to your starter, it depends on which Anzani you have fitted to your car.  I have the big Anzani and all of my electrics are CAV.  In consideration of your head and sidelights and the CAV panel on your dashboard I would assume you have the big engine and CAV electrics???

I have just looked at my car and cannot see any numbers on the starter and I am afraid the spares list is not any more illuminating only listing it as '12799 Electric Starter CAV'.  The number is of course an AC number as they numbered every part of the car!!  I will dig a little further into my archive and see if I can find a model number.

All the best,
   Tom

j9nno

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2017, 19:09:58 »
Hi Tom,

Attached photo of our engine.
   Electrics are CAV and we have a 3 wire dynamo.

[/URL][/img]

Andrey1976b

• View Profile
Re: New Member Hello - AC Royal 1925
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2022, 12:26:10 »
It looks like the father and son couldn`t finish the restoration

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1926-ac-royal

Andrey1976b

• View Profile
Re: New Member Hello - AC Royal 1925
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2022, 04:27:35 »

Andrey1976b