Author Topic: Rear wheel bearings and seals #  (Read 3273 times)

westcott

• View Profile
Rear wheel bearings and seals #
« on: June 07, 2017, 15:40:04 »
Hey MK IV owners !

I need to rework or at least check the rear wheel bearings during the next winter period because of some too big end play on the hubs and would like to order the parts in advance.

Can someone give support with the part numbers for rear wheel bearings and inner and outer seals?

There are a lot of posts about the rear wheel bearing topic in the MK IV forum but the part numbers were never mentioned.

The front bearings are on my shelf and as soon as I can confirm fitment, the part# will be posted in my "AK 1106" thread.

Uwe
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!

lightblue

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 17:53:47 »
Uew,

I replaced mine a few years ago.  Oil Seal,Outer:70x85x8 R21.  Oil Seal,Inner:Original carried #W31917550 R4,was metal cased but had rubbed on drive flange.  I replaced with slightly shallower, double lip 1 3/4 x 3 3/16 x 3/8 R23 with rubber case.  Bearing, Outer Timkin 2774/2720. Bearing, Inner: NTN 2788/2720.

Bearing King in the UK were most helpful (usual disclaimers) but I don't know if, in particular, the Timkin is still available.
   www.bearing-king.co.uk

John.

westcott

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 21:40:51 »
John,

that was fast.....!!

I will directly check availability here in Germany.

Thanks,

Uwe

westcott

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 16:46:09 »
I checked the availability for the 2774/2720 with different suppliers but there are no bearings in stock.......no positive feedback.

Is someone willing to sell me two of them ?