Author Topic: Heater Fan on MkIV  (Read 5281 times)

Geoff U

• View Profile
Heater Fan on MkIV
« on: January 08, 2016, 08:26:34 »
Hello all. I have a AK MkIV and the squirrel cage on the heater fan has disintegrated. I am trying to find a replacement. I am guessing that the fan assembly was taken from another vehicle so I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction please? Many thanks in advance.

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Heater Fan on MkIV
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 12:47:14 »
Hi Geoff,
   What year is your Mk IV?

westcott

• View Profile
Heater Fan on MkIV
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 13:42:57 »
Is it a straight dash or T-dash?

The early t-dash heater blowers with double "squirrel cage" are out of a "Ford GranadaMK II".
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!

Geoff U

• View Profile
Heater Fan on MkIV
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 17:59:02 »
Hi All, sorry for the delay! The car is Autokraft 1994. The fan unit is KL automotive with J1525 on the label. It has a single squirrel cage. thanks

westcott

• View Profile
Heater Fan on MkIV
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 13:23:31 »
Maybe KL Automotive custome service can help:

http://www.elitekl.co.uk/customer-support/

Geoff U

• View Profile
Heater Fan on MkIV
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 15:26:23 »
Hi there. Thank you for the tip. I tried them and didn't get a reply. I suspect as westcott says, the fan is likely from a Ford "something", as are most of the electrics.

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Heater Fan on MkIV
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 10:17:16 »
Hi Geoff,
   My MkIV is July 1993.
   In 2007 I had replaced the blower assembly sourced from KL Automotive:
   Part n° = AB18201A

KL Automotive Products Ltd
   www.klautomotive.co.uk

Ripley, Derbyshire
   phone: +44 773 40255-6-7-8  Not sure this number is actual

Superarnie Mk2

• View Profile
Heater Fan on MkIV
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 12:04:28 »
Hi, the heater assembly for my Superblower came from K.L.Automotive. Tel:01773740255. The heater matrix was part number AM73709 and the heater fan was part number AB18201A. Same numbers as shown earlier in this thread.My parts were supplied to me by Ac Cars as part of a package of parts I bought off them to finish the build of my car.Hope this helps. From what I have seen of the mark 4 and Superblower chassis frame behind the dash, they look very similar if not identical. Regards Gary

westcott

• View Profile
Heater Fan on MkIV
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 21:50:49 »
The t-dash heater is made from original Ford parts for core and dual blower cage/wheel motor in a custom made aluminum heater box with aluminum flap inside for air distribution.

The straight dash heater was delivered by KL and has a single blower cage/wheel.

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Heater Fan on MkIV
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 23:34:51 »
quote:
Originally posted by westcott

The t-dash heater is made from original Ford parts for core and dual blower cage/wheel motor in a custom made aluminum heater box with aluminum flap inside for air distribution.

The straight dash heater was delivered by KL and has a single blower cage/wheel.

that may have been true in theory; remember that AC allowed for some deviation [:)]
   my car has got a T-dash, factory fitted as per production sheet, however with KL single blower cage/wheel

westcott

• View Profile
Heater Fan on MkIV
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 07:13:18 »
Because it is a later car and the inhouse construction was too expensive compared to the KL units ?!?

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Heater Fan on MkIV
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 09:13:36 »
quote:
Originally posted by westcott

Because it is a later car and the inhouse construction was too expensive compared to the KL units ?!?

yes Uwe, that is probably the reason and they probably used what was in stock

Geoff U

• View Profile
Heater Fan on MkIV
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2017, 23:32:25 »
Hi All. Problem sorted. I followed the advice of westcott and looked for Ford Granada parts. I started searching for spares in UK, but couldn't find anything. Eventually, I saw something that looked like it matched, which lead me on to lots of US sites where they stocked the part I was looking for. Fortunately one of the guys I work with was out in the states this month and I ordered from the nearest "O'Riellys" store and he went an collected it for me $5.29 !! Result. A bit of drilling out rivets to get inside the fan box, and it fits perfectly. For future reference it was a Murray Blower Motor Wheel p/n 35528. Many thanks to everyone who helped. Much appreciated!