Author Topic: What's that  (Read 6554 times)

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
What's that
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 09:27:56 »
quote:
Originally posted by jbottini

DPK, what is your AK#? Jbottini

I have AK 1029

Regards, Peter

jbottini

• View Profile
What's that
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 12:08:45 »
DPK  or AKA AK1029 or Peter, was/is your car classifed as an 86? MKIV advised that there were many running changes i.e. from carbs to speed density air flow EFI to mass airflow EFI. Do you have efi or carb?
   Jim

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
What's that
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 12:15:26 »
Peter,

I have checked on my car which is a late AKL chassis but with a standard 302 HO EFI engine.
   The particular plate is not existing on my car, the endpiece (airfilter) of the air intake snorkel  being mounted differently. The snorkel runs between the body and the interior fibreglass fender and ends on the chassis tube where your additional plate sits.

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
What's that
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2007, 07:49:47 »
quote:

DPK  or AKA AK1029 or Peter, was/is your car classifed as an 86? MKIV advised that there were many running changes i.e. from carbs to speed density air flow EFI to mass airflow EFI. Do you have efi or carb?
   Jim

Jim,

my AK 1029 is a 1984 car and is also registered as 1984. It was delivered without engine. The first engine was a 351C Ford with carburator. The second (actual) motor is a 351 FoMoCo also with carburator.

Regards, Peter

jbottini

• View Profile
What's that
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2007, 12:45:00 »
Ah ha , you have a Buxbaum roller. That said I'll defer toMKIV who probably has more knowledge on this. But a MKIV is a MKIV. I will do more crawling arround saturday when I have access to a proper vehicle hoist. You mentioned you horns are mounted on the left side, perhaps on a sister the "mystery plate"? Jim

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
What's that
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2007, 20:59:40 »
quote:

Ah ha , you have a Buxbaum roller. That said I'll defer toMKIV who probably has more knowledge on this. But a MKIV is a MKIV. I will do more crawling arround saturday when I have access to a proper vehicle hoist. You mentioned you horns are mounted on the left side, perhaps on a sister the "mystery plate"? Jim

Yes, a Buxbaum roller. That's what the SAAC register says. On the left side the plate doesn't exist. The horns are mounted on the guiding plate (???) to the radiator. Here is a picture from the backside. The arrow points to the screws of the horns.

Regards, Peter

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
What's that
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 18:22:57 »
Jim,

here is another picture where you can see the mounting brackets on the left side (white arrows) for the horns and the compressor of the horns and the "I don't know" plate on the right side (brown arrow).

Regards, Peter

jbottini

• View Profile
What's that
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2007, 11:49:20 »
DPK,
   Afraid I'm not going to be much help. My horns are in the nose in front of radiator with their air pump mounted beblow them in the nose. Icannot find the errant mystery bracket with out some disassembly. i will take RF wheel off this week for abetter look and post the pics I took this week if someone will direct me to the picture posting directions.

nikbj68

• View Profile
What's that
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2007, 13:37:47 »
quote:

...i will take RF wheel off this week for abetter look and post the pics I took this week if someone will direct me to the picture posting directions.

Photo Posting Here.  [:)]

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
What's that
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2007, 18:29:19 »
Gentlemen,

now I know the purpose of this bracket: it was used in quite early MK IV to install a blower. This blower is connected to the hose which ends at the heater right behind the dashboard.

Regards, Peter