Author Topic: Electrical Questions  (Read 7391 times)

jmohara

• Owner of AK1099
    • View Profile
Electrical Questions
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 02:35:56 »
Where is that processor located? I do have a box that looks like a processor up under the dash in the area where the wire is...

westcott

• View Profile
Electrical Questions
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 12:34:23 »
That could be the one, it has 3 wires connected to it, 1x white, 2x red/green.

Other idea, do you have a big processor box hanging inside from the top of the drivers footbox or is there a u- shaped bracket fixed with 2 screws ?

If yes it is the accessory drive control (or the remaining bracket) never used in early 80s Mustangs and discarded later on. That thing also had a live wire I'm using now to feed my aftermarked EFI ECU.
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!

Mark IV

• View Profile
Electrical Questions
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2017, 20:32:01 »
The early cars were wired for the "TSAD" system that Ford specified. Issue was Ford NEVER actually produced the "Two Speed Accessory Drive" which was a system that reduced the front end engine drive to the alternator, air pump, etc. by 50% to save horsepower and reduce high speed wear and drag on the ancillaries. This system was intended for use in the Mustang on which the MK IV powertrain was based and certified. It just never happened. Autokraft wired the cars to accept it as they expected the system to become available and in fact would have been required on the 5.0 powertrain.

jmohara

• Owner of AK1099
    • View Profile
Electrical Questions
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2017, 23:06:41 »
Thanks everyone for the replies - all makes perfect sense now. Best, Michael