Author Topic: Decibels  (Read 11425 times)

nikbj68

• View Profile
Decibels
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2017, 10:26:37 »
Yes, that`s what I meant by Cut-outs, but I was thinking a little more 'OldSkool'!

Just thought that it might be difficult if your collectors come straight out to the pipes as 4-into-1... Not sure Vince is planning on running at the front of the Goodwood TT, so a few extra pounds of iron shouldn`t hurt too much!

rsk289

• View Profile
Decibels
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2017, 15:40:42 »
I had a beautiful stainless system custom made for my 289 with stock rear-exit pipes having one small silencer under each seat.  This was made by JR Fabrications on the outskirts of Derby - they even managed to made the large radius curves that bolt up to the 4 cast manifolds, which nobody else could do.  This system looks great and is fairly quiet, reasonable at around a grand.
   http://www.jrfabrications.co.uk
   Otherwise, there's Dean at Pipecraft in Basildon who is a lot cheaper and quicker, but does a fabulous job as you want it.  The welding's not as pretty, though.

Roger

Rob.Hendriks

• View Profile
Decibels
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2017, 18:19:30 »
Nik, there's "oldskool" and "agriskool", think they came from the latters museum

shep

• View Profile
Decibels
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2017, 11:24:28 »
Chan who races a Cobra RAM Kit and comes to our Goodwood Sprint runs dirty great side pipes, but they meet the noise regs. I suggest buying a pair of quiet silencers, and make the mountings on these and your originals simple enough for a quick change. If you can't do it yourself, someone like Big Al at thunderroadspeedshop.co.uk will be able to help.Cheers, Andy.

Vince Caldicott

• View Profile
Decibels
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2017, 20:35:41 »
Hi Andy, thanks for that, my cars going into Big Al on the 14th for some work, I will ask him if he can solve the problem.
   Regards. Vince