Author Topic: Rechroming head light rings  (Read 2195 times)

aex125

• View Profile
Rechroming head light rings
« on: June 10, 2007, 17:08:17 »
I am getting ready to rechrome some parts and was wondering if it would worthwhile having the headlight rings rechromed. Are there any suppliers providing a hi quality (chrome that will last, good base metal, and look correct) replacement part? The ones I have, have a couple of small dents that would need to be repaired and if there are any good replacements, it might be cheaper to get the new ones.
   Thanks,
   Jay

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 02:21:34 »
Jay,

Have you checked with Cobra restorers or Moss motors. the first has all cobra stuff, including the lights and bezels and Moss sells everything British, even has Lucas stuff. Both have excellent websites.  It may not be worth restoring your bezels, since you should be able to get it all new.

Gus

aex125

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 16:25:16 »
Gus,
   I decided to just send them in with many other parts I was rechroming (air cleaners overriders, top bezels, hood/trunk emblems) since I figured the headlight rings would not add much to the overall cost. The chromers did an excellent job and they look good as new. Thanks for reminding me about Moss. I work about 4 miles from their place in Goleta and since they do not have an AC catalogue,I always seem to forget about them as a potential source.
   Jay