Author Topic: Fred Aylott - Update  (Read 4861 times)

ACOCArch

• View Profile
Fred Aylott - Update
« on: January 16, 2017, 11:10:07 »
It is with great saddness that I record the passing of Fred Aylott, on 9th January 2017.

Fred was a much loved and respected employee of AC Cars at Thames Ditton and, in recognition of this, an Honorary Member of AC Owners' Club.

When known, the arrangements for Fred's funeral will be advised here.

B.P.Bird

• View Profile
Fred Aylott - Update
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 22:40:06 »
What a sad, sad loss. Freddie was one of those very special gentlemen who made Thames Ditton such a magical place to visit. I hope we can remember him and his comrades every time we see or drive one of the A.C.s they made. The best memorial of all.

ACOCArch

• View Profile
Fred Aylott - Update
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 11:37:44 »
quote:
Originally posted by ACOCArchWhen known, the arrangements for Fred's funeral will be advised here.

Fred's funeral has been arranged for 10:20am on Wednesday 1st February 2017 at Kingston Cemetery and Crematorium, Bonner Hill Road, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 3EZ

B.P.Bird

• View Profile
Fred Aylott - Update
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 19:13:44 »
A picture being worth a thousand words here is Freddie at le Mans in 1964. Whilst Mr. Derek is in a huddle, behind A98, with what looks like an Inquisition of Scrutineers, Mr. Aylott is smiling away and leaning forward about to open the bonnet: Happy days.

shep

• View Profile
Fred Aylott - Update
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 16:37:29 »
Fred had a lovely send off today. The Order of Service sheets had a great photo of Fred in his late 20's at the factory in the Ace Le Mans Prototype (now in Barrie's safe hands). Bertie and I attended the funeral, and Fred's family appreciated the gesture, as AC Cars was a huge part of his life. Listening to the eulogy and to the various stories, it was obvious he was much loved by his family, and also that he loved playing with cars more than anything. His smile in the photo above says it all. RIP Fred.

Flyinghorse

• View Profile
Fred Aylott - Update
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 01:06:42 »

Flyinghorse

• View Profile
Fred Aylott - Update
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 01:18:39 »
Andy,
   I used the "direct" link and pasted that between the you get when you request "insert image"

When posting photo's I also use the "preview button" as it will show if photo link has worked before posting up
   Graham