Author Topic: Superblower Exhaust Systems  (Read 3292 times)

Superarnie Mk2

• View Profile
Superblower Exhaust Systems
« on: December 27, 2016, 19:50:59 »
Dear all, if anyone is thinking of replacing their exhaust system and lives in the Northwest of England, I can highly recommend a company called Cybox, they are based on the Wirral. They've just fitted an excellent system on my car. It's all stainless, 2.5 inch tubing throughout, high flow Magnaflow cats and silencers. Here's a couple of images - (hope this works!)

Regards
   Gary - PS - Merry Christmas everyone!

SB7019

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 09:40:36 »
Gary.

It's looking fantastic!!    Presume you have now been able to fire it up and enjoy the sound?   The cat looks much better than the standard system - am tempted to change mine sometime.

Superarnie Mk2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 15:47:59 »
Thanks Peter, the exhaust company did some searching for that particular cat. The beauty of it is that the inlet into it is offset and correctly angled to meet the downpipe from the headers. It's a Magnaflow product and high flow. It's worth bearing in mind if anyone's to swap theres over. I have not fired the car up yet!! As the car was away getting the exhausts made, my radiator arrived! It was made by Serck Motorsport who I believe used to make them for Ac Cars. They have the correct design drawings for the Mk 3 and Mk4 cars. Of note I had a deeper than standard core made up so the total depth is 100mm. I thought this may be a good idea simply because it has the Paxton supercharger fitted and the engine is a new stroked 5.0ltr, so I thought I'd go slightly bigger. I have fitted the radiator but now need to get the upper and lower stainless water pipes bent up. Hope to start it within the next month and on the road for the Spring; but I have been saying that now for 14 years so don't hold your breath!!  I'll post a couple of images of my rad later. As my build is now coming to an end I was thinking of showing the build process if members would be interested? Please let me know and I'll sort something out. There have been a number of excellent build/ restoration threads and I didn't want to bore members with mine.

Superarnie Mk2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 16:16:14 »
Here's a couple of images of the radiator. It has a big Spal fan mounted to it. All aluminium. Serck have done a nice job.

I'm not sure if I'm uploading the images correctly - if anyone could advise? They seem to paste very large and off to the right of the screen??

Regards

Gary

Superarnie Mk2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 16:17:43 »
Those images seem to be better! Not sure what I've done differently!!

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 18:30:27 »
quote:
Originally posted by Superarnie Mk2

... As my build is now coming to an end I was thinking of showing the build process if members would be interested? Please let me know and I'll sort something out. There have been a number of excellent build/ restoration threads and I didn't want to bore members with mine.

Gary,

I think that everybody in this forum wants to see your pictures and the story of building your car. This is never boring and compared to other forums we have really less "building storys". So, I am waiting for your pictures. What I can see so far it is a beautiful car.

Regards, Peter

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 21:56:39 »
Gary, a definite yes to your build photos please! Car looks amazing, and make sure you have video of first Fire-up!
   The problem with the first photos is you are missing an " between URL= and http.
   You can go back and edit the original posts, ( then none of what follows will make sense, but the pics will look great! [;)])
   Simples.[:D]