Author Topic: Ease of adding images  (Read 3473 times)

nick Godridge

• View Profile
Ease of adding images
« on: January 28, 2017, 13:19:31 »
Hi, can somebody at ACOC please make it simple to add pictures. When I hit the 'add image' button all I get is (IMG) appearing in the text box.

The help window associated with the 'add image' button is completely unintelligible to me.

I would very much like to post pics related to a thread requesting help, but am unable to figure it out. Maybe I am the only one, but I doubt that.

Nick G

Morgy

• View Profile
Ease of adding images
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 14:52:34 »
If you have a flickr account it is really straight forward to upload images.

First upload the Image or Images to your Flickr account and add them to an Album
   Once you have done this just go into your album and select the photo you wish to upload to the forum, At the bottom right hand side of the screen there will be and curved arrow  pointing to the right, Click on this and a small box will appear. Choose BBCode and select the size of image you wish to post up the one below is 320/213

6116 2 by mark.morgan07, on Flickr

Just copy and paste the long HTTPSNKJSKJF:JSF:KBF:KDJBF:KB into the reply or reply box in the ACOC forum...

Morgy

• View Profile
Ease of adding images
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 15:00:09 »
If you want to get rid of all the text  remove everything before and after [  IMG  ]

It should look something like [ IMG ] https;://kjfndfpf/294893yt89-/   [ IMG  ]

nikbj68

• View Profile
Ease of adding images
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 20:44:22 »
Posting Photos thread here.
   To be able to post directly into threads would require a change of Forum, with possibly additional costs involved as well as the administrative headache for our (voluntary) webmaster, I'm more than happy to host 'n' post photos on anyone's behalf, as I have done for dozens of Forum users since it began.

AC Ventura

• View Profile
Ease of adding images
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 13:29:45 »
I've posted many pix on the ACOC forum, but the problem is, that first you have to add them to a hosting site, like Flikr or Photobucket. This is a hassle even if you have an account. With another Cobra site, www.clubcobra.com and many others, you can upload direct from your PC with no hosting. I think ACOC should explore that as our Forum is quite a deserted place. Also an automatic email, when somebody replies to your post would make the Forum a more active place. I'd be happy for a one off few pounds on my annual membership to update the site with these two features. Would anyone else agree?

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
Ease of adding images
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 14:12:52 »
Hi Folks,
   There has been a lengthy debate on this topic already in October 2016, see link below.
   The issue of "direct upload" vs "upload via external hosting" is addressed as from my post of 5 October 2016 at 13:33:14 h onwards.

http://www.acownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4432

My personal conclusion was: if in the next required update of the software and systems configuration of our Website and Forum, we have the opportunity to include "direct upload", (at reasonable cost), it would be of great benefit to our Forum members and would definitely help to spur the attractiveness and traffic on the Forum.
   Constant