Author Topic: Need new worm & sector tie rods  (Read 6059 times)

rhbeede

• View Profile
Need new worm & sector tie rods
« on: June 02, 2007, 20:31:20 »
Good Day, Folks:

I wrote a while back inquiring about sourcing the Lockheed dust boots for the worm and sector tie rods used on the late Bristols and early Cobras. Someone responded and mentioned a fellow in your club who had complete tie rods remanufactured to orginal specs, but the only way to contact him was via phone or by regular mail. He had (probably wisely!)elected not to join the computer revoulution.

I had this precious piece of information on my hotmail site, but during the time I was occupied with my mom in hospice (home health care for terminally ill), the Hotmail folks cleaned out my mailbox due to lack of use.

Hence, I now write with hat in hand, asking for assistance in re-identifying this individual, finding NOS Lockheed dust boots, or complete NOS or exact remakes of the entire tie rods. I will eventually probably need them,although mine seem quite tight at present. The fellow who originally communicated with me was an active racer of either an early Cobra or a Bristol. I believe it was he or one of his mates that directed me to the tie rod fellow.

I would be very indebted if anyone could help me out. I beat myself nightly for not having written the information down, since it was so priceless to me. However, I hope you can understand how I got diverted and failed to  followup promptly.

Thanks in advance for any help. Thank you also for this great club site dedicated to preserving the great history of AC cars and reminding people of its importance to both British and automotive history. The Hurlocks were great guys, and I always wished as a kid to visit the factory. Alas, money and time never permitted me. I have been an AC owner since 1967.

I would love to come over to your side of the pond sometime to meet up with some of you AC lovers and attend an event or two. Cars are always more fun when you share your enthusiasm with others! My father's family originates from the Island of Mann, and my mother (a McPike) is Irish and British. One of my best friends as a teen was Ira Walsh. What a great fellow!

Looking forward to hearing from one of you with hopefully good news of the "lost" tie rod contact!

Cheers,

Bob Beede