Author Topic: Side Curtain Adjustment?  (Read 1916 times)

linklaw

• View Profile
Side Curtain Adjustment?
« on: May 28, 2007, 15:20:29 »
The passenger side curtain on my MK IV does not fit into the holes in the door. The pins almost fit but do not line up exactly. This has caused a great degree of anxiety both with me trying to figure out what to do, as well as with jbottini, who is poised to purchase my extra set of side curtains (from a wrecked MK IV) if I can get the original ones to work. Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do to fix it?  I was going to cut the pin off and weld it back on, but am afraid this will ruin the leather covering and make a mess of things. I was under the impression that the top and side curtains must have been test fitted at the factory, prior to the car being shipped. The bag for the curtains is marked in crayon with my car number so I figure the curtains are the ones that came with the car. The door was not wrecked and it appears the sockets for the curtains are in their original locations.  Any ideas would be appreciated. John

cobham cobra

• View Profile
Side Curtain Adjustment?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 12:39:04 »
Hi John,
   It depends on how far out of alignment the posts are with the holes. It can sometimes be that the posts get knocked and slightly bend. If the measurements at the base of the posts (where they join the window frame) line-up with the holes in the door I suggest you try gently tapping, bending or fettling the ends of the posts until they line-up. Note: try this away from the car door otherwise there is a good chance of damaging or scratching the paint finish. I had to do this to one of my side curtains and as long as you don't try using a large hammer it could do the trick.
   John