Author Topic: Rug top loader rear splined flange  (Read 2582 times)

Vince Caldicott

• View Profile
Rug top loader rear splined flange
« on: August 24, 2016, 21:15:51 »
Hi, I am currently in the process of changing my engine and gearbox. The splined flange that connects the gearbox to the prop shaft won't accept the existing flange I have. Any help on where I can locate a 31 splined flange would be very appreciated.
   Regards
   Vince

Exowner

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 10:49:54 »
Hi Vince, can't answer your question, but it might help if you said what car you are referring to????????

Vince Caldicott

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 11:25:54 »
Sorry, I have recently purchased COX5012, it had a 428fe coupled to a rug 4 speed top loader. The engine had some issues, the gearbox would jump out of 3rd gear when lifting off the throttle. I bit the bullet and purchased a 427fe side oiler and it came with another Ford Rug 4 speed top loader. What I didn't realise was that the original slip yoke had 28 splines where the replacement gearbox output shaft has got 31 splines. I have looked around on the Internet and found plenty of options from the USA. However, I am hoping to drive to the revival meeting and would prefer to find a quicker option from the UK.

SB7019

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 13:48:48 »
Have you tried Reco-Prop?  They are based in Luton and do very high quality work.  Not sure if they can provide/make yokes but it's worth a call.

Vince Caldicott

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 14:43:18 »
Thanks, I will give them a try.