Author Topic: Air Filter - Efi, Superblower , CRS etc  (Read 2103 times)

Paul Mundy

• View Profile
Air Filter - Efi, Superblower , CRS etc
« on: September 05, 2016, 11:56:47 »
Hi All,
   I am seeking advice regarding air filters to Efi engines.
   My Superblower SB7002 is fitted with a small K&N cone filter which I have recently discovered is for a 700cc Honda motorcycle !! This was presumably selected by the factory due to spacial limitations being positioned in the upper driver`s wheelarch next to the brake servo. It is connected directly off the Mass Airflow unit and positioned to be next to the side vent in the wing. An aluminium fabricated shroud connects the filter to an 80mm duct which runs over the front wheelarch to one of the smaller intakes in the nose.
      I seem to recall seeing a photo of a CRS a while back, the filter was sited in the nose and ducted similar to mine over the wheelarch back to the MAF.
      May I ask what arrangement and filter spec is utilised on other efi cars as the one presently installed in mine I suspect is inadequate.

Regards

Paul M

SB7019

• View Profile
Air Filter - Efi, Superblower , CRS etc
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 10:13:42 »
Paul.

Sounds like yours is in the same position as mine (SB7019).  I had a lot of work done on it a few years ago, primarily to improve the fuel delivery as the standard set up was under fuelling at high revs.  Unfortunately can't remember if we increased the size of the air filter.  The one now in is certainly the largest that will physically fit.  We did a lot of calculations on fuel and air at the time and it all seemed to be adequate for the 400 bhp or so that it now produces.  There are no signs of lack of air supply in the current set up.  Will email a pic of the filter so you can make a comparison with yours.