Author Topic: Aceca build update  (Read 3004 times)

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
Aceca build update
« on: May 21, 2007, 19:51:20 »
Here's some extra pictures as the car progresses. The interior has all new Aluminum paneling, covered in red (very red) leather. The pictures don't do it justice, it looks nicer in real life. The "glove box" is covered in suede and is red also (not pinkish!) Carpet will cover the trunk floor and the fiberglass wall behind the cockpit and the trunk. New door panels were made, also covered in leather. 14 inch Moto Lita wheel, mounted on original hub, with the Rack and Pinion steering conversion. The gauge pods are wrinkle finish black paint. Driver's seat will be a racing bucket in black vinyl. Both original seats were re-upholstered in red leather. Carbs are original SU's, completely overhauled, with velocity stack intakes and tea strainer "airfilters".
   Exhaust will be custom built: headers like original on AC engine and pipe exiting right in front of the rear wheel.
   Needless to say, I'm getting pretty anxious to drive this thing.

Gus

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
Aceca build update
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 07:50:08 »
Gus,

real nice work. Unfortunately some pictures are broken. Is this your garage with all this cobras? (Please say no [:D])

Peter

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
Aceca build update
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 01:32:34 »
I'll try to get the larger format pictures on next time. No, the shop is not mine. I wish! The car on the left is mine though: a Kirkham 289 FIA. The car on the right is a true original 427, owned by the shop owner. He does all the engine work and restoration on my car.

Gus

Emmanueld

• View Profile
Aceca build update
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 19:05:16 »
Awsome!

Emmanuel

rhbeede

• View Profile
Aceca build update
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 19:42:57 »
Gus,

Your Aceca will be beautiful. Please share more build photos with detail. My friend is just finishing one with a stock hi-po in it and upgraded brakes.

Did you have any plans for the old Worm and Sector parts? I have a W&S AC and am always looking for a sound steering box, as well as tie rod ends in good shape, especially the dust boots!

Let me know and thanks for sharing!

cheers,
   bob

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
Aceca build update
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 01:28:34 »
Bob,

I'm afraid I am not going to part with any of the original pieces, as some day I may or the next owner may want to put it back in original condition. Although I am not planning any sale for a loong time, if ever.

Gus