Author Topic: A new monthly meeting ?  (Read 7127 times)

Exowner

• View Profile
A new monthly meeting ?
« on: July 19, 2016, 11:40:53 »
Hi all, A short post to see if there is any interest in establishing a monthly meeting in the New Forest area. This is a toe in the water exercise to see if there is anyone out there who would like a get-together. There are 2 monthly meeting within 25 miles of each other in the Surrey area, which makes me a little jealous! If I miss the Sprint, and the National day is too far, I can go the whole year with only the forum to keep me company. Any interested members should reply to this post, that way we will all know who's showing interest and from that a venue suitable to all can be agreed upon. I have very recently been through this palaver with the Morgan 3-wheeler club. Out of the 35-40 MTWC members who live in the area, only 5 replied positively! Hopefully the ACOC will be more responsive.

Exowner

• View Profile
A new monthly meeting ?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 16:50:17 »
Anyone?????????????????????????????

Morgy

• View Profile
A new monthly meeting ?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 11:04:36 »
I could be up up for a meet and drive in the new forest...

Exowner

• View Profile
A new monthly meeting ?
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 12:09:35 »
I thought I'd give it one more go before I have a rant in ACtion concerning the lack of response.
   Everyone keeps telling me about our ageing membership and how our cars are going to be beyond the pockets of the next generation of members.
   Then someone tries to arrange a monthly meeting in an area bereft of any AC activities, and I get 1 reply.
   No wonder our club is doomed with the enthusiasm at this level.
   I'd like to thank Morgy for the reply back in August.
   ps - I don't expect any constructive response to this posting - so I don't know why I bothered.

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
A new monthly meeting ?
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 14:48:02 »
Glen
   I am sorry you have not had much of a response, but I would be interested in attending a meeting, I have no idea of how many member/owners there are in the area so maybe you would be willing to persevere a little longer, I basically have PVT cars & make Weller engines if that helps.

Regards

Robin

Jam2

• View Profile
A new monthly meeting ?
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 15:36:52 »
I think the forum has a very limited number viewing, have you already put something in Action? (I'm a non member so wouldn't know!)

Exowner

• View Profile
A new monthly meeting ?
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 22:45:08 »
Robin, good to hear from you, we've spoken before, so I know who you are! If anything does get off the ground I'll be sure to let everyone in the the club know by the means of both the forum and ACtion.

In reply to Jam2's response - circa 340 people had read this post and only 1 reply prior to this latest call! So far I have put nothing in ACtion, and at this rate I can't see the point other than giving Terry something to fill half a page. I may change my user name to 'disillusioned of New Milton'

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
A new monthly meeting ?
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 00:18:39 »
quote:
Originally posted by BE1058

In reply to Jam2's response - circa 340 people had read this post and only reply prior to this latest call! ...

Hi Glenn,
   340 people does not mean 340 ACOC members, as this Forum is open to non-ACOC members ....
   I would go the ACtion way also .. don't get desperate so quickly.
   Cheers
   Constant

BE774

• View Profile
A new monthly meeting ?
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 09:08:13 »
Sorry, but I don't believe 340 people is correct. If you divide the 340 reads by the 6 posts up to that point, that gives you less than 60 people. Even less if some people read the posts more than once. And how many of those would be from the geographic region you are referring to?

So I think an article in ACtion gives you the best return for your efforts. Good luck.
Barbara

Exowner

• View Profile
A new monthly meeting ?
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 10:54:23 »
BE774 - sorry but circa 340 people have read the post. When they read it has nothing to do with it. I posted a post asking for interest in forming a new monthly meeting and 340 people read it - simple . People don't read posts without knowing the initial subject , unless it's one with multiple pages and the subject may have wandered from the thread.
   Anyway, I wish I'd got as many responses first time round, or are those registered more interested in being pedantic???
   It's not luck that's needed, it's an interest in getting together with other AC owners on monthly basis that's needed, still I'll probably be deemed to 'prickly' after this post---bye

nikbj68

• View Profile
A new monthly meeting ?
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 11:30:55 »
Wish I was nearer, Glenn, but Anglesey is a bit of a trek!
   Keep at it though; remember, even if only 2 gather, it`s still enough to perform the Parrot Sketch!

Exowner

• View Profile
A new monthly meeting ?
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 12:08:17 »
'A Norwegian Blue?'

nikbj68

• View Profile
A new monthly meeting ?
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 13:44:02 »
[xx(]

[;)]

BE774

• View Profile
A new monthly meeting ?
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 18:07:41 »
Well that put me in my place. I was only trying to be helpful. I thought that you meant the whole thread had been read on 340 occasions, not just the first post. I'll crawl back under my stone...
Barbara

SBB

• View Profile
A new monthly meeting ?
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2016, 00:54:50 »