Author Topic: A new monthly meeting ?  (Read 7124 times)

SBB

• View Profile
A new monthly meeting ?
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 01:18:46 »
Quite frankly, is not this all (without wishing to offend anyone) a bit silly? Someone comes up with the very laudable idea of a new monthly meeting but instead of airing this via ACtion which is the Club's official means of communication to its members, puts it on the Forum and then is upset because of the poor response. The Forum is much inhabited by a peripheral fringe lurking on the sidelines who do not wish to subscribe financially to the Club's welfare and the services it offers but yet they may wish to obtain information from and use the Club's resources for their benefit or exchange views for free. I have been a member of the Club since 1968 and know a great many people, some of whom are close friends. Of all those I know, I am aware of only two people who look at the Forum. It is a totally false assumption that the Forum is the mainstay of the Club's way of broadcasting information to the Membership. If an idea for a new area meeting is to be suggested then the best means of reaching the Membership is via ACtion.

Jam2

• View Profile
A new monthly meeting ?
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 06:33:00 »
SBB,  I expect you will have offended a number of people! (I'm not so sensitive)  I have no idea how many who have posted on this thread are non members.  I am a non member, having parted with my last AC over 20 years ago, but had been a member for the previous 20 years.  The forum being open to all should be of benefit to members, I hope that on occasions I might have given some helpful information.

AC Ventura

• View Profile
A new monthly meeting ?
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2016, 12:06:08 »
Glenn, I really think the whole ACOC forum is great pity. As you well know I own a Mk IV. I've posted over 20 posts with very few responses. Quite disheartening because it seems to me that many of my fellow Mk IV owners simply don't care to frequent these forums. There may also be some who own the cars but don't use them at all. But then there are only 78 rhd cars. Many of the posts are when people are seeking technical help or about car values, but that's about it. There was only one post, that got any form of conversation going and that was stopped by a moderator who said the dialogue was going off topic. Brilliant! I think sadly when a forum is inactive, nobody looks at it very often. It would help greatly if posters could be mailed if somebody responded and also if photos could be posted direct from your device. I'd pay a few more quid on my membership for that, because right now it's the US Club Cobra I frequent to get any form of chat going. As for getting somebody to turn up at a meet.......

terry3000me

• View Profile
A new monthly meeting ?
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2016, 01:27:28 »
Glenn, I'm putting a few words in the November ACtion to see if this will help get a New Forest regional meeting off the ground. Certainly its a super idea.
   Terry

Exowner

• View Profile
A new monthly meeting ?
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2016, 10:48:17 »
Thanks Terry, though I'm not optimistic - seems people don't want to commit to anything these days!?!!?