Author Topic: 428 bonnet badge  (Read 10106 times)

Edd

• View Profile
428 bonnet badge
« on: May 17, 2007, 21:58:02 »
I am restoring cf80 but it is missing the badge on the bonnet and no spares seem to exist so I need to get one made but I do not have the specification. It would be most helpful if someone was able to pass onto me photos of one with dimensions.  Also would anyone else like one as the more I can get made the cheaper.

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
428 bonnet badge
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 10:28:24 »
I understand that a reproduction of the badge (I presume you mean the small AC script in a ring, all chromed) is available from 5 Star Classics.  It does not appear in their lists - you need to contact them to ask.  I am told it is more-or-less indistinguishable from the original.  Price is (or was) £15.  If you are successful in getting one and are happy with it, please post a reply on the Forum.  The fabricated metal mount for the badge is - I think - part of the body and would have to be reproduced: hopefully this part is still there.

www.fivestarclassics.com

Edd

• View Profile
428 bonnet badge
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 12:02:19 »
Unfortunatley this is the wrong badge.  The one I am looking for is chrome ring with a chrome AC in the middle set on gold mesh over red leather.