Author Topic: Hood ECUs  (Read 4381 times)

Edward_C

• View Profile
Hood ECUs
« on: May 15, 2016, 10:06:10 »
I am in the process of having a new batch of hood ECUs made. Although the hood mechanism is predominantly Peugeot 306, the ECU appears to use little more than the casing and plug setup from the donor vehicle; the chip and wiring were custom built for the car.

Please let me know if you are in need of one. Price tbc.

DGoose

• View Profile
Hood ECUs
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 16:35:04 »
Hi Edward,

I managed to get in touch the the original manufacturer (Power-Packer) a couple of years ago but they weren't interested, since then I've learnt to live quite happily with a manual roof but
   if you are able to progress this further I would certainly be interested.

Good luck,

David

Edward_C

• View Profile
Hood ECUs
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 14:13:26 »
In the end, we reverse engineered the sequence for the hood ECU and tracked down the fault on my car, enabling a repair of the existing parts.

The work was carried out by a very helpful chap called Stuart in Chippenham, Wilts. He can be reached at stuartjohn24@aol.com.

Please bear in mind that Stuart is not an ECU repairer by trade and will do his best to fit work to your car into evenings and weekends. From the circuit diagrams he has prepared, it would be possible to produce an entirely new ECU or potentially fix a fault on an existing unit.

If you take the car to Stuart, he can test the feedback from each of the hood's microswitches through one of the 12 pin plugs in the boot which can help to narrow down further faults.

Nev

• View Profile
Hood ECUs
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 19:21:47 »
I am happy to coordinate ECU's, so as Stuart does not get the same questions multiple times, any new ECU's will need to be coordinated in terms of time-frames, to be as efficient as possible.

Please send me a message with your email address if you are interested (and not heard from me directly already)  and I shall email you back with the info, and coordinate any new-build ECU's.

AlistairB

• View Profile
Re: Hood ECUs
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2024, 10:22:33 »
I saw this post regarding hood ecu, I have an Ace but when I purchased it the ecu is missing. Any ideas or  can I get hold of wiring diagram or information.  Any help would be great
Thanks