Author Topic: Bonnet and Bumper Needed!  (Read 4069 times)

Adrian_S

• View Profile
Bonnet and Bumper Needed!
« on: April 15, 2016, 12:30:37 »
Help! Following a bump in the NEC car park this week, my poor old Ace now needs a new bonnet and bumper. I've heard that there are some composite panels around and just wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction please?

Any help much appreciated!

Nev

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 00:00:14 »
Oh #%~*!!!  Any idea of who did that?  Can the panels not be repaired? They are composite/fibreglass.

Adrian_S

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 22:13:05 »
quote:
Originally posted by Nev

Oh #%~*!!!  Any idea of who did that?  Can the panels not be repaired? They are composite/fibreglass.

Funnily enough that was exactly what I said at the moment of impact Nev!

The other car was a Jag XF that suffered only minor grazing!

We exchanged insurance details in the time honoured way....

Yes, both Neil Fisher and Steve Gray have kindly tendered their services but John Abel has some composite bonnets and bumpers in stock to get me back on the road sooner. I'll look to get the damaged panels repaired at a later date and hope to post a pic of my Ace when fully repaired. Watch this space.....

Adrian_S

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 22:20:48 »
It's been a long time (since the rock n roll) but I'm pleased to be back on the road......

Many lessons learnt about the insurance industry but, probably the most important one, is to get an 'AGREED VALUATION' for your car. That way, the insurance company has less ability to devalue it thus allowing the 70% 'repair-to-value' ratio kicking in that much earlier to write it off.

Let's just say I had a bit of a battle to get them to authorise the repair; but some things are worth fighting for.....

Many, many thanks to our kind registrar, John Abel, for supplying a replacement bumper. John also supplied a replacement NOS composite bonnet too. But I'm glad we managed to repair the original with its' distinctive power bulge. (The bonnet has gone back in the pot for some other unfortunate owner, should they they suffer the same fate!)

David S

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 13:18:28 »
Good to hear the car is all fixed and back on the road.
   Having read what you said about the insurance - will have to consider what I do next year.