Author Topic: Good article in Classic and Sports Car  (Read 4368 times)

GSouthee

• Climate warming bring it on, save heating.
    • View Profile
Good article in Classic and Sports Car
« on: March 02, 2016, 09:20:40 »
See this months C&SC, good article on the Brooklands ACE.

Gary
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.

Nev

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 21:20:53 »
It was a fun day and an interesting insight in to the journalism world.

AcemanToo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 15:04:54 »
Good to see the article! Is the hood and its mechanism really off a Peugeot 306 Cabriolet? My hood is vertical to the rear of the side window but a Peugeot 306 hood appears to be curved - any ideas please?![:)]

BE774

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 17:01:35 »
I thought at least some of the hood arrangement was from Mercedes?
Barbara

Nev

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 01:43:45 »
No, but the ECU for it is apparently, albeit modified perhaps. The front rail us BMW and the rest Mercedes I thought too.

paho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 11:59:45 »
I've done some research. The hood operation on the 306 appears to be exactly the same as my Ace, I compared with several 306 cabriolet videos on Youtube. The Ace hood appears to be shorter than the 306. The hydrolic unit, pump and six soleniod valves, came in two versions on the Peugeot, my unit is very similar (I'd say identical) to the earlier version. The control unit is "badged" AC with a stick-on label but I suspect it is similar internally if not the same as the 306 cab ECU. My reasoning is the physical process of hood operation is identical (watch the video). I note that a large relay in the circuit is from Audi on my Ace. I'm not suprised the parts come from or are used by other manufactures, this is nothing new in the car manufacturing business. E.g The wing mirrors are from a Citroen CX series 2, fitted on the Ace, TVR, Aston Martin etc., headlights can be found on BMW and Porsche.

The nice think about all this is that detailed info on the operation and fixit guides can be found on the Peugeotlogic.com web site, which can help us if we ever have problems.
   /Paho
"Blessed are those that don't ask for they shall not receive"