Author Topic: Why oh Why  (Read 3492 times)

GSouthee

• Climate warming bring it on, save heating.
    • View Profile
Why oh Why
« on: February 06, 2016, 09:23:41 »
Indeed why does the Club and or Action Mag  keep publishing a parts list that is out of date. Why do the spares coordinators keep the list upto date, surely Terry should check before publishing it with a Jan 2016 date. It is a cost to the club that is unnecessary, it must annoy the spares coordinators getting calls for items that no longer exist (especially in the AC Barn) and surely members will give up checking for spares if they are not available. ( I know that most of the 2 litre spares showing as in the barn are in my garage as I bought them last year).

Why not put the spares on a spreadsheet and add it to this forum and then it is just a simple job for the relevant coordinator/seller  of the part to add or delete an item it as they come and go.

Cheers  Gary
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.

BE774

• View Profile
Why oh Why
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 22:09:50 »
I find this post offensive. While it may or may not be true that the spares list is out of date, I suggest that if you have a problem over this then you should discuss it privately with the person(s) concerned. All officers of the club are volunteers and give their time freely and generously. A public forum is not the place for this sort of comment.

You have been fortunate enough to benefit from the hours of work people do to identify, source, catalogue, store and sell these spares so please do not disrespect them in public. You could, of course, offer to give your time to help provide this service to the membership. Rant over.
Barbara

shep

• View Profile
Why oh Why
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 10:36:32 »
Hi Gary,
   The most obvious answer is for you to come along to the next council meeting on Thursday 25th Feb at the King's Head in Westmoreland Street, London, W1G 8PJ at 19.00 for 19.30 start. There you can volunteer to help by designing and producing the spreadsheet you suggest, and Steve Hall our Spares Coordinator will give you all the help you need. We are always looking for new volunteers who will freely give their time and experience for the benefit of the other members. Last month we discussed compiling a source book, to reference parts which are available commercially. You may also be able to help with that. Many thanks for the suggestion, and I look forward to seeing you in the near future. Andy.

GSouthee

• View Profile
Why oh Why
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 11:52:19 »
Hi BE774

I can only apologise if you feel this post offensive.  However the fact is that the list is out of date, should be checked before it is printed and is a cost that is wasted putting it to print.

The coordinators, I am sure do a good job, and give of their time freely to our benefit. I know Steve does as I have dealt with him re spares before now. I am sure he would prefer members not calling him re items no longer held that are showing on the list.

It is  sad if one is not allowed to voice ones concerns over matters on this forum. I appreciate not every one will agree and some may/will take offense. However, we do live in a democracy and free world. Again I apologise if anyone takes offense but I feel my view was justified.

Hi Shep,  Whilst I would love to come to the meeting it is  a bit of a distance to travel. That said it may be worthwhile to do so in due course. I am more than happy to design a spreadsheet for the spares list and would be happy to discuss parameters for such with all involved.

Cheers  Gary

My car my rules.

shep

• View Profile
Why oh Why
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 12:25:58 »
Hi Gary,
   I can't believe it is almost a month since the last message! Time flies, and we all lead busy lives. Thank you for your kind offer regarding help with setting up a spares database. Interestingly, at the February ACOC Council meeting in London, we enjoyed a presentation from Charles Rogers who prepares the layout for our monthly ACtion Magazine. For very little extra cost the magazine can be made available to members on-line. Access would be password protected and the current and past magazines could be called up on screen. One of the advantages of the on-line version,  is that we would not be limited by paper, and by clicking on say the regalia page, a member could see each item individually, prices, colours, sizes etc, and place an order there and then. Advertisers could have hot links straight to their own websites. The same could happen with spares, and so an accurate database would be essential. I would suggest you contact Steve directly, and see how best to proceed. You can message him via this forum, or as you know, his contact details are on the main ACOC Site. Many thanks for your suggestions. Andy.

GSouthee

• View Profile
Why oh Why
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 15:13:08 »
Hi.  Well I emailed Steve but no response so I guess my help not needed. Oh well no problem but would have been good to get all the spares listed properly, so people knew what was where and still available.

Cheers  Gary

My car my rules.