Author Topic: Dash clock and other Parts  (Read 5417 times)

Morgy

• View Profile
Dash clock and other Parts
« on: December 26, 2015, 13:10:22 »
Hi... I hope you all had a good Christmas

I am currently looking for a few Original/period parts,

I need a Dash clock for a 1967 Mk111 289, can anyone help out with the correct Part number for this item?  Smiths CE.2194/08??

Also a Smiths Amp meter or part numbers to source the correct part..

Cast iron heads + Cast inlet manifold

Info on the correct carb spec and where to source a correct throttle linkage..

Fuel filler cap.

Original Boot badge..

Boot lid support rod.

Nev

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 15:44:24 »
Hi Morgy,

I think I have an Amp meter, it is certaily a Smiths gauge, from/for an early Ace, and it is in nice/very good condition. I can send photos by email if you are interested.

Nev

rsk289

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 11:47:16 »
Correct ammeter for a leafspring car is a Lucas BM4 (Bakelite Moulded), 30-0-30, 52mm.  Not sure if these were also used for the AC289 - AC may have moved to a slightly more modern design.  Clock is, I think, the usual Zephyr/Zodiac MkII offering.
   BM4 ammeters come up on ebay fairly often, clocks now and then.

Roger

Morgy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 09:34:27 »
Hi

I have managed for find a very nice old Smiths Dash clock CE.2194/08 Top adjust..I bought this as I was  Looking at a photo in the 289 sports owners manual, it shows a top adjust clock, But looking in Cobra the real thing  by Trevor legate I managed to buy the other day there is a photo of COB6121 with a bottom adjust.

Also Ned has sent me a photo of 6111's dash also with bottom adjust.
    Can anyone confirm when the clocks changed from top to bottom adjust CE.2194/09 or if they did use both for the later COB cars...

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 10:34:05 »
I may be totally wrong, but I always had the impression that the 289 Sports were built to use up the remaining parts that AC had lying around the place once the 427 went south. There never was a 'definitive' parts list, they used what they had. Hence some unusual engines etc found their way into the cars.....tis the joy of a handmade, bespoke automobile, with all its faults and foibles.

Morgy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 11:16:05 »
Thanks Trevor...

I have to say I am realy enjoying reading your book!

I understand there may not be a definitive parts list, I was hoping the knowledge on this forum may be able to help..

Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 08:30:07 »
Hello, is the Amp meter still available? I need a correct one for my Ace Bristol, Thanks, Juergen

quote:
Originally posted by Nev

Hi Morgy,

I think I have an Amp meter, it is certaily a Smiths gauge, from/for an early Ace, and it is in nice/very good condition. I can send photos by email if you are interested.

Nev

Nev

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 09:48:27 »
quote:
Originally posted by Ace Bristol

Hello, is the Amp meter still available? I need a correct one for my Ace Bristol, Thanks, Juergen

quote:
Originally posted by Nev

Hi Morgy,

Nev

Yes, still available, photos here : http://s427.photobucket.com/user/etomer/library/Amp%20meter