Author Topic: 500 OA Hillclimb @ Wiscombe - Invitation  (Read 2344 times)

C9OBY

• View Profile
500 OA Hillclimb @ Wiscombe - Invitation
« on: November 19, 2015, 16:20:44 »
The 500 Owners Association and their fantastic methanol-propelled machines were added to our very select list of invited guest clubs at our Goodwood Sprint this year and are very keen to return the favour.

Hence please see below a note from Charles Reynolds, Secretary of the 500 Owners Association Sprint events, inviting members of the ACOC to join them at their 2016 Hillclimb at Wiscombe Park (EX24 6JE). Please contact Charles directly if you'd like to participate, I'm sure that it will be a fantastic event!

On behalf of the 500 OA competitors who were at your Goodwood sprint, we’d like to extend a warm ‘thank you’ for all the assistance and help extended by ACOC.

All three competitors have remarked that such a friendly and helpful organisation helped them to overcome the appalling weather! Please pass on these thanks to the marshals and team involved.

Thinking to 2016, we would again like to invite the ACOC to our Hillclimb at Wiscombe on 7th May

Best wishes, Charles.
   Charles Reynolds, Secretary 500 OA - Speed Events
   creynolds@rmmltd.org
   +44 (0)77 8525 8209

shep

• View Profile
500 OA Hillclimb @ Wiscombe - Invitation
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 14:08:41 »
Thanks also to the 500 OA Association for helping to make our 2015 Goodwood Sprint such a success.
   I was talking to Steve Gray yesterday, and we were remembering the ACOC Sprints back in the 1990's when there would be a majority of ACs competing. Does anyone have the figures to demonstrate the drop off in ACs over the years? We guessed that us ageing owners, and the increase in the notional values of the cars may put many off competing any more. The Bentley Drivers Club don't seem to suffer from the same problem, and have a plethora of youngsters racing their parents' priceless classics. Perhaps they are the 3rd or 4th generation, and the cars are seen as family heirlooms to be enjoyed, and not appreciating pension pots waiting to be cashed in?
   My intention is to carry on sprinting and racing until I stop enjoying it, which I hope will be many more years yet. My lads Ted and Murray are already very capable racers, and I consider it an honour to be beaten by them, as it proves what a good teacher I have been!
   Thanks Bruce for all your hard work, and may our Goodwood Sprint continue to attract a lovely bunch of enthusiasts, whether they be AC or not.
   Andy