Author Topic: New colour scheme on Buckland?  (Read 2697 times)

dsjw1

• View Profile
New colour scheme on Buckland?
« on: November 16, 2015, 06:57:11 »
Started to strip the paint off of EL1573 aka the Danish Countess Buckland. It's most recent livery was a primrose almost creme yellow over a BRG esque bottom. I thought for sure it was a blue all over original colour but the more I scrape I think it may have been two tone originally with similar primrose yellow over the blue? I will continue to investigate but perhaps this is another one off colour scheme? Of those that have stripped theirs to bare metal did you experience red oxide primer first and then a grey primer? A second look or thought was that it might have been grey over blue two tone. Well my archaeological dig will continue!

dsjw1

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 13:44:14 »
Fairly certain it was originally a primrose yellow over blue two tone. I have not seen one in this livery. Has anyone else?

3.5 Pints at the Bar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 18:37:18 »
I haven't seen that livery before, but many of the 2 tone schemes on Bucklands may have been unique. I have a Saloon, rather than a Buckland, but its original paint has red-oxide primer with grey undercoat over it. I hope the archaeological dig goes well... but don't strike oil :)

dsjw1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 06:50:32 »
3.5 thanks for validation on the red oxide and grey primer. No doubt in my mind now that is was yellow over blue.