Author Topic: EL1450 being broken for spares  (Read 3118 times)

AEX_Weller

• View Profile
EL1450 being broken for spares
« on: November 15, 2015, 01:06:03 »
I've acquired EL1450 from a gentleman in Michigan, USA, and brought it to my shop here in Texas where I'm going to be taking it down for parts.  This car was the subject of a few earlier posts on this forum when it was for sale, including a rather unfortunate series in which the photos from the sale were used by an unscrupulous party in the UK to dupe a British member of the forum-- sympathies, G.

The engine, UMB1451, is a runner and it and the gearbox will be used in one of my other projects.  Some other items will be used for my Ace and Aceca as well.

The interior of EL1450 is in poor shape, but it has a good set of gauges and switches, and one or two usable pieces of trim.  The body is quite straight and looks spiffing in bare aluminum, but the ash underpinnings are sadly well rotted.  I may save a few elements of the body-- the front grille and (brass! I had no idea) surround for example-- but most of it will be recycled.  Suspension, steering, and axle sets are also likely to be disposed of, as I don't have a use for them.

If you know someone who may make use of some of these things, do let me know.

GSouthee

• Climate warming bring it on, save heating.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 12:14:54 »
Well I am glad it was real and that someone will make good use of the car. (or parts of it)  Good luck  and I am getting closer to the conning bugger over here, one day maybe I'll get him.  Cheers  G
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.

dsjw1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 06:48:04 »
AEX I would love to,connect with you. I own a BUckland and may have some use for some of your bits! Where in TX are you? I'm in Houston area..

velocityss1985

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 12:13:02 »
AEX, I am restoring a BEX and am interested in a part off the car. Can you contact me? Thanks, Jeff

I emailed you what I need.

Thank you.

bex316

• View Profile
    • BEX316
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 10:47:21 »
Hi Ain,

I tried to send you a PM but it failed to deliver to the email address connected to your forum account.
   Would you be willing to PM me with your contact details?

Jerry