Author Topic: Window runners  (Read 5405 times)

DGoose

• View Profile
Window runners
« on: November 11, 2015, 11:49:48 »
Can anybody identify the blue cup/runner shown in the attached ?

I know most of the window lift mechanism is Granada but the rail attached to the glass and the ball & cup arrangement isn't as far as I can tell.
   It seems that the plastic has got a bit tired and the ball & socket dislocates itself on occasion causing the window to drop.

html][/URL]

html][/URL]

nikbj68

• View Profile
Window runners
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 12:46:04 »
It looks a bit like the ball & socket from the 'Y' reg Sierra that I had 25+ years ago...same problem...as I recall, I heated the socket & squeezed it around the ball, which lasted for the year or so I had the car afterwards...might get you going until replacements are sourced?
   p.s. I only greased the runner, not the ball/socket itself. [;)]

DGoose

• View Profile
Window runners
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 13:58:21 »
Thanks Nick, I did clean the grease from inside the cup but it still still pops out occasionally.

I'll investigate the Sierra route.

nikbj68

• View Profile
Window runners
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 14:25:00 »
It looks like these arms were chopped down and the ball post peened in, could they have been turned from bar? It might be easier to re-engineer a 'top hat' type of runner than find these bits!?

hawk289

• View Profile
Window runners
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 22:05:33 »
David,

This is common problem, nearly everyone of my Ace's has the issue. Quite simple to fix, if you power up/down you will notice that the window runner will need a bit of a bend to give it a better line to run. The part if needs replacing is 1994 ford, will need to find the exact model.

John

David S

• View Profile
Window runners
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 15:49:06 »
Was having a look for a Parts Catalogue for Ford Granada and came across this website with multiple Ford vehicle parts catalogues, shame it is linked to overseas companies:
   http://eucatparts.com/?action=cat_ford

Looking for this design it looks like I agree with Nick, it is Sierra 89 - 93, go into the Body and Related Parts, then Front doors and related parts and finally Electric Window Controls - I think it is pictured but not listed however, the diagram gives a part number of DDA06020.
   Cannot get any further than this.
   David

DGoose

• View Profile
Window runners
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 08:26:42 »
Thanks all,

Brilliant detective work, complete regulator units available second hand on ebay but not sure that the plasticy bits will be any better than those I currently have.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-SIERRA-91-92-EST-NEARSIDE-FRONT-WINDOW-REGULATOR-/301577174671?hash=item4637667e8f:m:mM0G8l9aBqIm743HTd0U2MQ

Still, we now know what to look for and new parts will appear I'm sure.