Author Topic: AC 428 Convertible For Sale  (Read 10939 times)

Classicus

• View Profile
AC 428 Convertible For Sale
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2015, 09:27:42 »
I wonder what his response would be if you made out you were very interested indeed but naturally you would like to see the car and all documentation first ?

Worth teasing and spinning things out as much as possible if only to watch his body language and facial reactions closely.... !! [:D]

J Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2015, 07:18:16 »
I'd like to suggest Jim Feldman as a possible source of information about this car.
   Jim is a very well known AC collector and restorer. He is a club member, but does not contribute to the Forum, prefering to communicate by mail and telephone. He has, or had (I believe) an example of EVERY automobile AC ever made. He really knows his stuff!
   He lives in Portland, Oregon, about 50 miles from Salem where this car was located in the Ebay offering (above). Jim has 2 428's - Coupe and Convertible.
   Jim used to advertise the ACOC in Hemmings Motor News, as the President of the American branch of the Club. It was through him that I learned of the existence of the ACOC.

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 08:48:58 »
Sounds a very good idea indeed, and whilst at it would it also be possible to suggest to him that could he authorise someone to act officially on his behalf on here and on-line generally as he is such a knowledgeable and valued expert on all things AC....?

Emmanueld

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2015, 18:25:31 »
I know the car, This was restored by a well known car collector years ago and really not driven much since. A true 4 Speed car. very nice! Also, the minilite wheels are also factory. A true rare classic. Used it as a model as well as Jeffrey's when I did my bodywork.

E[:)]