Author Topic: Certificate of Conformity  (Read 3854 times)

Thunderbold

• View Profile
Certificate of Conformity
« on: October 29, 2015, 22:02:23 »
Hi Gentlemen,
   I moved recently to Switzerland and my Mk IV lightweight Spec 1988 AK 1240 is still in Germany. For getting a registration in Switzerland I need a Certificate of Conformity (CoC). The car has a modified 302 engine with 4 Weber double carbs and produces >400 HPs. I have a complete set of German papers including all modifications.
   However, I have no idea where I can get a CoC with the technical data fitting to my car. Who can help?

Rob.Hendriks

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 03:12:44 »
try contacting:

info@accars.eu

with your request, good luck

paho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 11:52:53 »
.. CoC certification processes were introduced in the EU around 1992 and became a requirement around 1995 - 1996 so I doubt your vehicle was certified if it was built in 1988. Regulations are pretty uniform throughout the EU for import of motor vehicles. Switzerland is a signatory to the regs.
   My guess is you can import your vehicle for "personal use" or as "relocation goods" without a CoC. I did this when I imported a 1995 Ace to Sweden
   as I could not find a CoC issued for the vehicle. I see that Swiss regs point in this direction see :http://www.ezv.admin.ch/zollinfo_privat/04392/04393/04394/index.html?lang=en. Why not ask the authorities?
   /Paho
"Blessed are those that don't ask for they shall not receive"

Thunderbold

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 20:03:04 »
Hi Rob, Thanks for your reply. I contacted info@accars.eu and received a prompt answer: Sorry we can`t help with a CoC. Clear statement. Worth a try. Thanks again and best regards from lake of Zurich

Thunderbold

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 20:07:46 »
Hi Paho,
   Thanks for sending my the link to the homepage of Swiss customs. I read that already some time ago, but obviously not carefully enough. You are absolutely right, the CoC does`t seem to be an absolute pre-requisite. I will follow your advice and check directly with the Swiss authorities. Many thanks and best regards

paho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 16:06:05 »
Good luck!
   /Paho
"Blessed are those that don't ask for they shall not receive"

Spantik

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 18:32:45 »
Hi Hermann, if you need assistance for the homologation in Switzerland, you may contact also Normando Ruggiero in Buttwil, Switzerland, at Novidem ag (http://www.novidem.ch/novidem-classics/, info(at)novidem.ch), they have some AC Mk IV among there customer's cars and seem comfortable with their homologation, maintenance and upgrades.
   In any case, if you have owned the car for more than 6 months outside of Switzerland, you can import ist as Übersiedlungsgut (migrant or household effect) and homologation is quite straightforward, my wife did the same with her car from Dubai, eventhough the model was not available in CH.