Author Topic: Joined the club......  (Read 4989 times)

dsjw1

• View Profile
Joined the club......
« on: September 20, 2015, 06:06:47 »
Well after many years of wanting one, given my Grandads involvement with the design and building of the Buckland I am now the proud owner of one. It has an interesting history having been owned originally by the Countess Annette Jean Moltke in Denmark. A gift to her by her Count husband. It is a 1951 with body number EL 1573 and matching engine. I purchased in June and it arrived in the U.S. last week from Denmark. It will need a full restoration but appears ago be in very original shape and condition. Will keep you all posted on its progress. I will join the ACOC but it appears it doesn't make sense to do so until January due to the dues structure.

GSouthee

• Climate warming bring it on, save heating.
    • View Profile
Joined the club......
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 19:22:17 »
Hi Sounds very nice, I have a 19349  saloon, would love a buckland but way to expensive.

Anyway dont expect too many hi on here they are a bit quite lots of lookers not so good at chatting or sharing knowledge.

Cheers and goodluck fella.
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.

GSouthee

• View Profile
Joined the club......
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 19:24:50 »
Whoops I meant 1949.  Might be wroth looking at the 2 litre .com site in the links as lots of fantastic info on these cars not a buckland buts most parts are the same. really well written and lots of clear pics.

Cheers G

My car my rules.

BE774

• View Profile
Joined the club......
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 21:57:33 »
quote:
Originally posted by dsjw1
   I will join the ACOC but it appears it doesn't make sense to do so until January due to the dues structure.

Welcome to the forum, and hopefully the club. If you join in January you will have the advantage of two month's free membership if I understand the rules correctly.

Best of luck with the full restoration. Is this something you can undertake yourself?
Barbara

BE774

• View Profile
Joined the club......
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 22:33:42 »
quote:
Originally posted by GSouthee

they are a bit quite lots of lookers not so good at chatting or sharing knowledge.

This is a small club with around 600 members worldwide and the number of cars originally produced by AC is minute by motor industry standards. I don't know how many members come onto the forum, but the number will not be large, so please bear this in mind.

Attending a few events and talking to other members and your model registrar will help you a lot. Also you can get the members' list and look for owners in your locality to contact.

After all, the exclusivity of the vehicles is one of their attractions, is it not? [:)]
Barbara

dsjw1

• View Profile
Joined the club......
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 06:24:56 »
Thanks for the replies. Happy to have moved from lurker status to owner status. I will join the club in January.

For those interested I did start a Buckland page on Facebook that you all are welcome to join. With Martin Ports Buckland moving on to greener pasture at Brooklands I wanted to dedicate a page to the marque. BE774 as to what I'll undertake, yes I feel reasonably confident I could do myself but time us my enemy. I promised my wife I'd farm the project out. I will undertake some of the initial bodywork but it will be going to a shop tbd within 6 months. Gary I have checked out the 2 litre site previously and it is very informative. I've been researching the car for several years now in fact the previous owner of EL1573 co tatted due to a post from 2008 on this forum! I've been waiting for the right car and the values just keep going up so figured now is the time! Looking forward to conversing more with you all soon. Take care.

GSouthee

• View Profile
Joined the club......
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 13:32:24 »
Hi Be774

Not meant as a criticism of the forum, just stating a fact. I agree about getting out and about and I will be doing so. I will be at the Goodwood sprint meet and will try to get to one of the nearer club meet nights but none around Kent. Might try the London one or the Surrey one.

Also agree with the fact that exclusivity is an attraction. But sharing of info is also useful with such rare vehicles.

Dslw1  Would be nice to see some before and along the way pics. I find it easiest to uinsert a link to photo sharing site like photbucket etc.

Cheers  All

G

My car my rules.

BE774

• View Profile
Joined the club......
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 17:00:21 »
No offence intended or taken! [:)]
Barbara

dsjw1

• View Profile
Joined the club......
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 21:31:27 »
There's plenty of pics on Facebook if you're on there. I guess once I join acoc I can post on the forum directly. Haven't played around with photo sharing sites too much for the purpose of sharing. I look forward to staying in touch.

REV

• View Profile
Joined the club......
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 00:34:18 »
Welcome along. It sounds really exciting times for you.

I'd love to see some pictures as well, but couldn't find the facebook site.

Do you have a link to it?

Thanks,

Nick

dsjw1

• View Profile
Joined the club......
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 06:42:07 »
Nick search for AC buckland on Facebook and you should see it. Or look for David WIGHTMAN and request a friend and I'll accept and get you in that way! Exciting times!