Author Topic: Who has my engine (#1129)?  (Read 3139 times)

R Warlop

• View Profile
Who has my engine (#1129)?
« on: September 14, 2015, 13:00:59 »
My Greyhound suffered open heart surgery at the turn of the century when someone removed its Bristol engine for a quick profit. I'm now curious to know about the whereabouts of this 100D2, #1129.
   Is it just lying around gathering dust as a spare engine? Is it currently powering a winning ACE at Goodwood?
   Anyone disagrees that it would be nice to reunite the original car with its engine from birth?

BE774

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 18:04:09 »
In the quest for a Bristol engine for an Aceca Bristol, two (don't ask, it's a long story) ex-Greyhound engines came into my possession, neither of which were yours, though. Both needed full rebuilds. I eventually offered them to the then current owners of the Greyhounds, but neither was interested. One finally ended up in an Ace Bristol in Germany and the other in a Veritas in Austria. I didn't make a profit on either of them, not being a dealer. If I sold them today, though, it might be a different story...

I was overjoyed when the original engine for the Aceca became available and paid the asking price without demur, despite that needing a full rebuild too. Definitely worth seeking out the original engine, in my opinion.
Barbara

Flyinghorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 19:00:50 »
These 100D2 engines and the 110  also have found their way into Bristol 400's

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 19:23:01 »
   .R Warlop

Will check through Bristol Engine register...[;)]

Keith

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 19:28:08 »

R. Warlop

According to The Bristol Engine register dated 9th February 2006 created by  Geoff Dowdie, my copy last updated March 2009.

Page 20 of 27 has Bristol Engine 100D2 1129 as living in a Ace Bristol in the UK.. was originally in Greyhound BEF2559.

Not sure if still in Ace.  My copy of register is well out of date, it was created logging all Bristol Sports Engines  and Saloon engines fitted to Bristol engined
   sports and racing cars.

e.g.  Ace, Aceca. Greyhound. Arnolt Bristol, Tojeiro, Frazer Nash, Lister, Lotus and Kieft Bristol.....[;)]

Not the Best news for you if you were hoping to reunite said engine,  Sounds like its been put to good use and not gathering dust under
   someone's workbench.

Good luck with scanning through the Ace registers,

Keith ...[:)]

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 18:31:18 »
Although it would be fun to know where our Bristol engine ended up, we have no interest in reuniting it with the Greyhound, as the Triumph engine is a decent replacement, and not too sacrilegious as Triumph suspension parts are used too!