Author Topic: AC Owners’ Club 2015 Clubman’s Sprint Meeting  (Read 11933 times)

C9OBY

• View Profile
AC Owners’ Club 2015 Clubman’s Sprint Meeting
« on: August 27, 2015, 22:45:50 »
The AC Owners’ Club is once again very pleased to invite you to join us at this year’s AC Owners’ Club Clubman’s Sprint Meeting, to be held at Goodwood Motor Circuit on Saturday 7th November. The event will continue the format of previous years, with a number of different AC and non-AC classes competing under MSA Sprint rules and regulations.

We would love to ensure that we once again we have a full complement of AC members in AC cars competing in what promises to be another fun, exciting event. Of course, AC owners are also able to support the event in a non-AC car if they don't wish to dirty their pride and joy or if their beloved AC is currently off the road.

To obtain an entry form and event information pack, please contact Bruce Claassen (Secretary of the Meeting) at bruce_claassen@hotmail.com or on 07958 570 718.

For anyone interested in coming along to watch, please do join us! Entry is free and you will have full access to the paddock and circuit and are free to look over the cars and chat with our competitors. People start gathering from around 8am onwards and festivities tend to wrap up at around 4.30 following the prize ceremony. You do not need to be a member to attend, hence please feel free to invite your friends and family too. Food and drinks are available at the circuit and in nearby country pubs - an ideal way to spend a day out.

As always, your support is very much appreciated and we look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at Goodwood!

SB7015

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 11:19:53 »
Bruce

Let's hope we can muster up a greater AC contingency this year.

You can count on our two entries.

Thanks for all your hard work in organising this great event.

Malcolm & Sarah

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 14:20:21 »
   Bruce.

Entry Form and Cheque in post this weekend for BEX333.

Looking forward to another well run brilliant ACOC GoodWood Sprint.

Please dial in Warm and Dry conditions, very entertaining  in the wet but not forgiving[:(]......... and definitely not fair on the poor Marshalls, without  whom we could not hold the event...[;)]

Marshalls and Spectators ....The more the better and more successful the event.

See you all at the ACOC  GoodWood Sprint 2015.

Keith

GSouthee

• Climate warming bring it on, save heating.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 13:35:36 »
I'll be there in the old girl, unfortunately not to compete but to spectate and help out as required.

Cheers  G
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 10:15:30 »
   Mike Berrisford is not firing on all cylinders at the moment, I believe  Bruce could really do with a few more Marshalls, especially in the Paddock area...

Wishing Mike a speedy recovery.

Keith..[:)]

GSouthee

• Climate warming bring it on, save heating.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 10:25:23 »
Hi I am willing to assist, with any marshalling/other matters.

G
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 20:42:20 »
Hello everyone,

With 6 weeks to go until the ACOC Goodwood Sprint on 7th November, please note that the deadline for entries is 30th October (1 week ahead of the Sprint), hence do not leave it too late to send in your entry forms.

To date I have received 18 entries, mostly from our invited non-AC clubs, so come on AC Owners, fill in your forms and let's fill the grid!

In celebration of the fine summer that we've enjoyed to date (and the ongoing sunny weather down south, long may it last!), participants can look forward to a green iron-on patch this year [:)]

BEX 288

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 21:16:36 »
Entry for BEX 288 is in the post.
   Best Stephan

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 14:28:48 »
Hello all, a quick update on entries received so far.

Unfortunately, we only have as many AC's formally entered as I can count on one hand, with 3-4 more promised to be in the post within the next few days.

I know that people often leave it to the last minute to send in their entries, hence please remember that the deadline for entries is 30th October (2,5 weeks away) and not the day before the Sprint as in earlier years!

I will be travelling in the first week of November with a very low likelihood of being able to process late entries, hence it is a very real deadline - please do not delay in sending through your entry if you've not already done so.

The Sprint Team is in place and plans are well progressed towards what we hope will once again be a fantastically social, fun event and we look forward to marshalling a paddock full of ACOC members and their cars!

Best regards
   Bruce

Morgy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 12:05:05 »
If you have a low uptake for this event would it be possible to enter my Car.. Not an AC or a classic buy any means...

Ariel Atom 3 300...

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2015, 18:08:47 »
Hi all,

I am pleased to say that we've another great collection of drivers and cars for this years Goodwood Sprint (next Saturday, 7th November). We have 29 ACOC members competing in a variety of AC and non-AC cars. Our total competitor count of 59 including members of the VSCC, BARC, Aston Martin Owners Club, BMW Historic Motor Club, The Pre-War Austin Seven Club, 500 Owners Association, Jaguar Enthusiasts' Club and the Frazer Nash Car Club.

Remember, there is no fee for spectators, who are of course also very welcome to join us. As a spectator you will have full access to the paddock and all circuit viewing areas. Hot food and drink is available for purchase at the circuit all day, plus a paddock full of cool cars and interesting competitors, so please do come down and support us.

Until then, good luck with your final preparations and I look forward to seeing you all at Goodwood in 6 days time!
   Bruce

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2015, 18:27:24 »
Dear all,

A very big thank you to everyone who competed, assisted or spectated at today's Sprint. A fun day was had by all and lots of very impressive times were posted by all. A few drops(!) of rain did nothing to dampen spirits off the track or efforts on it!

A full write-up will follow in due course, as I'm sure will some photos courtesy of our two club photographers Aaron and Peter. Until then, my personal thanks go to our Clerk of the Course Mike Smith, our Chief Paddock Marshal Michael Berrisford, and to all of the other marshals, officials, volunteers and assistants for helping make today such a great success.

Bruce

hawk289

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2015, 20:37:12 »
Bruce,

Well done, you and the team did a great job. Also well done to competitors, only a few spins which is impressive with the weather. But without the help and team who run the show this event would not be possible! Thanks for a great day again.

John

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2015, 09:09:56 »
Many thanks to Bruce and all the team for another great meeting yesterday.  As requested, most of us "kept the machinery out of the greenery"!

C9OBY

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2015, 19:20:09 »
Thanks to Jon Payne for sharing this video of him going around the Goodwood motor circuit yesterday in his lovely Lotus Sunbeam.  Lots of work required at the wheel to keep it pointing down the track!

https://youtu.be/enn-88uS3H0