Author Topic: Moss box rebuild  (Read 2615 times)

Norman

• View Profile
Moss box rebuild
« on: August 11, 2015, 20:36:41 »
I am thinking of having the Moss box on my Ace 2.6 (RSX5006) rebuilt by JB Sports Engineering with an all-synchromesh conversion, as the company has done on a number of Jags and Morgans. The ratios are different (closer, which would be nice between second and third) and having a synchro first will be non-original, but I am tempted. Does anyone have experience of one of these conversions, and if so, can I have a drive please! Alternatively, suggestions about who could do the job would be appreciated. Anyone taking it on must have the engineering facilities to make new shafts and gears as necessary, not just dress the old ones and fit new bearings and seals.

Klassik Metall

• View Profile
Moss box rebuild
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 09:07:52 »
A friend of mine is currently having a Moss box rebuilt with just this conversion by JB for an AC engine Ace, it is the first AC box that Billy at JB has done and there are certain differences between it and the Jag and Morgan versions.

I'm afraid that the rebuilt box will be fitted to a car that is not in the UK. However, I do know Billy Bellinger of JB Engineering and indeed worked with him some years ago and am happy to recommend his services, both for this conversion and for rebuilding original Moss boxes. If you require any further info just send me a PM and I'll try to help.

Regards Luke.

Norman

• View Profile
Moss box rebuild
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 16:37:27 »
Thank you, that is encouraging.

quote:
Originally posted by Klassik Metall

A friend of mine is currently having a Moss box rebuilt with just this conversion by JB for an AC engine Ace, it is the first AC box that Billy at JB has done and there are certain differences between it and the Jag and Morgan versions.

I'm afraid that the rebuilt box will be fitted to a car that is not in the UK. However, I do know Billy Bellinger of JB Engineering and indeed worked with him some years ago and am happy to recommend his services, both for this conversion and for rebuilding original Moss boxes. If you require any further info just send me a PM and I'll try to help.

Regards Luke.