Author Topic: Ace Tools and Tool Bag  (Read 14369 times)

bbrown

• View Profile
Ace Tools and Tool Bag
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2015, 03:31:04 »
Here are some more photos of Charlie's original tool bag.

I hope these closeups help.
   Bert

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Ace Tools and Tool Bag
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2015, 16:00:11 »
   .Bert

Thank you for additional detailed photos.

Fabien and Bertrand have been in communication with Ben Yates, Bertie and others in the UK to ascertain whether AC (Thames Ditton) Actually made a tool bag for the Ace as a genuine accessory and if so, confirm exACt specification of material.

In the meantime I emailed Fabien as Below:-

Fabien

Thank you for your email and pictures of your proposed AC Tool Bag,
   great initiative, looks really well made.

Initial Interest shown from a few UK members and West Coast USA
   & Vancouver is very positive, However general conclusion is if investing 125 Euro in a tool bag it must be 100% correct in Dimensions, construction and material.
   Appreciate the black synthetic leather will last longer, but is it correct  ... Club France have orders for 30 bags already, Don't want to be negative but it costs the same to make it authentically correct than incorrect.

Tim Isles will make contact on Monday with David Sanderson and a few others plus his trimmer, Like wise I will speak to my trimmer on the off chance a more accurate / authentic material is available.

Please don't be offended and take this Constructive criticism the wrong way, the time and effort put into this initiative by Bertrand, AC Club France and you is really appreciated. Many of the AC members especially the concourse guys, overemphasize Accuracy.

If the initial batch is already in process of manufacture, maybe the next batch could be made in different material

Keith (on behalf of ACOC members In UK, Germany, USA and Canada)

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Ace Tools and Tool Bag
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2015, 16:16:24 »
   Fabien's  reply:

Dear Keith,

I am 100% agree with your comments on the forum.

For now, we do not start the production of the 30 tool bags for f
   France as we are awaiting informations regarding the original material.

After the research, our plan is to offer the original version in the brown material or the synthetic leather version.

We already have the design and the dimension confirmed. We just need to find the correct material in stock.

I always try to respect authenticity. I do it right or I don't do it.

We keep you informed

Kind regards

Fabien.

Conclusion.

Everyone who has shown interest in this French initiative are reading from the same score. [^] .... Let's hope Fabien and Bertrand locate a supplier of the correct material, then AC members Worldwide have a choice of material and then show support  by placing official order with AC Club France.

Good Luck with this venture...[;)]

Keith.

bex316

• View Profile
    • BEX316
Ace Tools and Tool Bag
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2016, 11:51:42 »
On behalf of Keith here are 2 pictures of AEX 160 which is currently for sale. It is not about the car itself but about the tool bag that is being showed. The pictures are not as clear as we might have hoped for. Nonetheless they could offer some form of comparison.
   Would this tool bag be a reproduction as well?

Jerry

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Ace Tools and Tool Bag
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2016, 01:16:10 »
   Jerry

Thank you for posting the tool bag pictures as shown in the boot of AEX160.  [;)]

If AC Cars supplied a Tool Bag to house the recommended tool kit when despatching a Ace, surely they would have used the material off cut from the rear window of the soft top to fabricate the odd AC tool bag...[?] Makes economic sense, and AC where known to be somewhat frugal.

Bertrand..... What is the latest development on your project.[?].

Keith..[:)]

Jim Maxwell

• View Profile
Ace Tools and Tool Bag
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2016, 20:12:34 »
I have found this bag as the toolkit bag in two AC 289 Cobras, one in the hands of the original owner (car and bag). All other Cobras that I have examined have a different much more simple toolkit bag made of Everflex vinyl.
   The material for this more complicated bag appears to be a rubber coated jute fabric.

bill griffiths

• View Profile
Ace Tools and Tool Bag
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2016, 22:43:30 »
Might it be possible to get the dimensions of the original Ace tool bag?
   I believe I have found some fabric which seems all but identical to that shown in the photos.

Next, is there a supply of originally branded spanners, etc?  I rather expect most items are generic and unbranded.
   Regards,
   Bill

bbrown

• View Profile
Ace Tools and Tool Bag
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2016, 02:07:36 »
Bill,
   The bag that I posted pictures of earlier in this thread is essentially 4" x 4" x 12" long, with a handle on the top, a belt buckle arrangement to close the bag, and a reinforcement riveted in the bottom.  Note the ends have rounded tops.

The handle is leather, 6-1/2" long and 11/16" wide.  Sorry, but I did not measure the thickness of the leather.  The handle strap is riveted, with 5-3/4" between rivets.

The buckle is fastened to a piece of leather measuring 1-3/8" long by 1/2" wide.  The tongue which is secured in the buckle is 3-1/2" long by 1/2" wide. The buckle itself measures 11/16" by 13/16".

Hope this gives you something to go by.
   Bert

bbrown

• View Profile
Ace Tools and Tool Bag
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2016, 02:12:02 »
Bill,

Forgot to ask, can you post a photo of your material?
   Thanks
   Bert

bill griffiths

• View Profile
Ace Tools and Tool Bag
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2016, 12:02:19 »
Will do, but my trimmer, a widow, has for reasons best known to her,  left to drive her MG to the furthest part of Australia from here. To a National MG meeting in Perth.
   Not back for a month!
   Regards,
   Bill

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Ace Tools and Tool Bag
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2016, 09:05:12 »
   Bertrand & Fabien
   What is the latest development on Your Authentic copy of the
   "AC Tool Bag"..[?]

Did you establish and find a supplier for the correct material..[?]

Last but not least, when you proceed, I believe AC Club France had shown big interest, Which hopefully is/was complemented by orders from AC Club members from UK, Europe & USA,  How many orders have you to date and what is the projected price..[?]

Good Luck with the venture..[;)]

Keith

Norman

• View Profile
Ace Tools and Tool Bag
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2016, 23:19:08 »
I would be interested in getting the correct items for my Ace 2.6. Are the items common to all Aces and Acecas or is anything different for a 2.6?

jharris58

• View Profile
Re: Ace Tools and Tool Bag
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2018, 22:40:19 »
I recognize this is a rather old thread but I'm wondering if the French group ever had the tool bags made in, if so, whether a bag can be purchased.

pjbowman

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2018, 22:54:59 »
If these never got reproduced, can I at least get the dimensions so I can have some created?
Peter B.

jharris58

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2018, 23:01:30 »
Peter  -  The dimensions of the bag are described earlier in this thread.  If the bags were never made I'm going to have my upholstery guy make one.  It may not be perfect but we'll try and get it as close as possible given all the good information in this thread.  I'd be happy to provide templates for the bag and/or have him make a few of them if anyone is interested.

Jimmy Harris (BEX 176)