Author Topic: Aceca build update  (Read 3063 times)

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
Aceca build update
« on: April 27, 2007, 18:12:13 »
The project came to a halt for a little bit, but is back on the move. All the "dirty" work is done and it is assemble time now. The Head of the engine has been machined, got a Fuel Safe cell made for the car, that should go in today. Awesome painted Dayton wires with period correct tyres. All the aluminum paneling has been made and prefitted. Now cover it with red leather and put the seats in....Lucas Rally lights on the front as well as after market Tripods will be mounted, Ac bumper overriders from Gerry Hawk. Ron has done an awesome job of rebuilding this thing. The Ac Engine got a lot of new goodies from the UK, should make it purr pretty good. I know it won't be performing like a Bristol, but it sure should run well. Check out the tea strainers on my 289 Webers! What a great idea! Now if I could get the damn things to run smooth! I'm putting trumpets on the SU's with the same tea strainers for "airfilters"
   The photo quality is not that good this time, more to come. Check out Ron's Real One! Vintage raced for years, 2 log books full, 14:1 compression 427 side oiler with 700 ponies.

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
Aceca build update
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 18:25:38 »
Forgot the weber photo!

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
Aceca build update
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 18:50:56 »
Gus
    Nice to know it is going well, i am hoping that later this year we might have an AC Weller engine package that could surprise the Bristol boy's soon!
   The new Aluminium heads will i hope be cast sometime mid year which should not only save 15 kilo's in weight but offer better breathing.
   Will be interested how you get on with the engine build.

regards

Robin

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
Aceca build update
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 20:26:58 »
Thanks Robin,

Ron should be wrenching on the parts you supplied as we speak! The cylinder sleeves went in like butter. I had the head decked and ported. I believe your pistons should deliver a slightly higher compression ratio and with that and overhauled SU's with trumpet airstacks I'm banking on a slightly higher power output. All around, this car should be a lot of fun to drive: I can't wait!

Gus

59 Aceca

• View Profile
Aceca build update
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 07:19:24 »
Gus,

Your car appears to be coming along beautifully.  Look forward to seeing more pictures soon.  I had a couple of questions about your Fuel Safe cell:

1) Did you you have one constructed to same size as the original tank and mount it as the original (or inside the original one)?

2) Were you able to use your original gas gauge with the new fuel cell?

Thanks,

Greg

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
Aceca build update
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 14:32:32 »
I can answer your first question: a mock up was made to fit the space. The Tank resembles the original in shape, but should have an ever so slightly larger capacity. We didn't do the math to calculate what the capacity will be, but I believe it will be larger than 12 US gallons, I'm hoping 14. It is a complete cell, all aluminum that fits the original location. Whether the Gauge will work I guess depends on the sending unit and I'm not sure what Ron has done with that. I'll let you know. It is all going together now.

Gus

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
Aceca build update
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 15:06:53 »
It appears the fuel cell will hold about 15 US gallons. The original gauge is indeed not going to work with it and we will be using a Stewart  Warner or Smiths gauge, as they are readily available and period correct.
   If anybody has any interest, Ron Mack has the mock up and can possibly supply you with a similar fuel cell. We are also working on molding a rear windshield.