Author Topic: Fleetwood Transport Festival - 15th july 07  (Read 8640 times)

LawrenceW

• View Profile
Fleetwood Transport Festival - 15th july 07
« on: April 12, 2007, 08:49:13 »
Hello everyone.

The organising committee invite you all and your vehicles to be a part of  Fleetwood Transport Festival which is widely acknowledged to be the most unique, transport-themed, free family day out in the North West of England. The Fleetwood Transport Festival has been firmly established in the rally calendar for 23 years, however it is more commonly known as "Tram Sunday" (especially to the locals).

The event this year falls on Sunday 15th July 2007.

The event is uniquely held in Fleetwood's Historic Town Centre, which is the part of the world's first electric street tramway. This means that the roads are closed and your vehicles will be parked on the firm road surface rather than a muddy field, especially useful for heavier vehicles which sometimes have a tendency to get stuck on fields.

The event is only a short way from Blackpool off the M55 motorway.

Usually attracting around 80,000 visitors it is a tremendously fun day with attractions for people of all interests and ages including Vintage Trams, Classic Cars, Buses, Commercial Vehicles, Motorcycles and other Special Interest Vehicles of all types, sizes and descriptions.

There is also much to entertain families with a national gathering of Town Criers, bands, dancers, miniature and model railways, military, gymnastic displays, fairground rides and of course the scenic sea-front and beach. There are many one day only transport-related trade stands along with many of the local shops, cafés and restaurants open, ensuring all the family get maximum enjoyment throughout the day.

For peace of mind, a large dedicated team of marshals will ensure correct vehicle placement and that everyone has a thoroughly enjoyable and safe day out. An early arrival would be advised at the event.

To take part in this wonderful and totally free event please email me for an entry form. Entry AND entrance is all free and we appreciate all of the support we can get at the event. A vehicle pass and parking details will be sent to you closer to the event.

My email address is: magiclgh@aol.com

I will send entry forms to those interested ASAP. You can also email me simply if you need more information and I will endeavour to help you.

You can visit www.fleetwoodtransportfestival.co.uk to see pictures of last year's events and get a feel of what the event is like.