Author Topic: Memberships renewal glitch  (Read 3104 times)

shep

• View Profile
Memberships renewal glitch
« on: March 18, 2015, 09:33:18 »
I just clicked on the "Membership Form" on our ACOC Homepage Menu to renew my membership, but the Paypal option took me to the redundant acownersclub-shop website. I then went to the "Online Membership" page (next button down), and the Paypal connection worked fine. The language on our Online Membership page was a bit quirky but at least it worked. As a present, I also wanted to rejoin Ted and Murray, but am not sure how to do this on line.

REV

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 10:34:03 »
I've just tried to renew mine and it won't let me in at all.

I've also stopped receiving club magazines for some reason. Is this because of membership renewal as I've had nothing from the club as far as I'm aware of to say that it's overdue?

bobbylangley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 07:07:09 »
If you are applying Online Andy, then Online Membership is probably the best place to start....! You go to Online Membership and then to Renewal and it is only then your log in details are required (usually your membership number and surname). It's the first year we have done this and we only have had one real issue with one member, most members manage to work it out and those who have had a problem have had a prompt from myself. Many members have renewed this way which is good for the Club as it saves the Subscriptions Secretary a huge amount of time as virtually all his annual workload comes at the same time. The redundant shop website was stopped being used as members paid but no notification was received so we were unaware of a renewal. As at March 1st all members migrated from Current to Expired status and when they renew their subscription, are then migrated back again into Current. You can only log on whilst in Current mode. This does not stop you using the Forum (for which you almost certainly have different log in details as it is an entirely separate part of the website). All members will continue to receive the magazine for a further three months regardless of whether they intend to renew or not, after that the distribution list will be based on the then Current membership list.

Nick, if you are not receiving the magazine then please contact me and I will sort it out. In Expired status and using the Online Membership option you are able to renew as Andy has just demonstrated. :) We may well try to alter things for next year based on this year's feedback but we have had large number of successful renewals so it's not been too bad, and of course, snail mail still rocks if you prefer to do it that way!

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 09:12:28 »
Dad couldn't access the members' area on his old Mac, but could log in from my iPad to renew via the online membership page. Odd.

REV

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 15:05:32 »
All done.

I was trying to login with my forum details and not membership number. A little confusing that.

Thanks