Author Topic: Keith Judd  (Read 4480 times)

shep

• View Profile
Keith Judd
« on: February 24, 2015, 17:34:53 »
Sadly I heard from Terry Webb today that Keith Judd passed away last Thursday after suffering a stroke from which he did not recover. As information becomes available I will publish the details here on the ACOC Forum. Keith was the Sales Manager at AC Cars in Thames Ditton certainly at the time of the AC 428 Frua in the late 1960s when he was also involved in road testing the new model. He was also part of the 3000ME introduction in the 1970s.

B.P.Bird

• View Profile
Keith Judd
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 13:04:40 »
How sad to hear this news, coming not long after the announcement of Fred Laremore's death. June and I have such fond memories of these two stalwarts of the Thames Ditton family. They were unfailingly kind and welcoming whenever we visited at the High Street works. Fred always made a fuss of the children, sitting them behind a convenient steering wheel in whatever A.C.s happened to be parked at the front of the Service Department. As for Keith's almost clothed models on the A.C. Stand, at the Earls Court London Motor Show, they were legendary. There was some photographic evidence of Keith's abilities in this direction published long ago in an ACtion or maybe Annual - perhaps the Archivist could find the picture so that we could all have a happy chuckle in Keith's memory.

72twink

• View Profile
Keith Judd
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 14:28:16 »
Something like this Barrie?

B.P.Bird

• View Profile
Keith Judd
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 20:03:16 »
That will do. Happy days. I have, fortuitously, a G&T in hand so here's to Keith and all those wonderful Ladies and Gentlemen from Thames Ditton.

TLegate

• View Profile
Keith Judd
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 20:59:17 »
So sad to hear that another link to the Hurlock days has passed. I have nothing but good memories of Keith who was kind and patient above and beyond the call, especially when my visits were just to prize brochures and photos from his files. Later, he lent me irreplacable negatives of the first Cobra when I began work on my first book. I used to see him driving the green AC3000 development car around T-Ditt and he even drove me to a track day at Brands Hatch - which was 'fogged off'. Probably just as well....trusting me with his AC3000 was foolhardy to say the least.

I hate G&T but always happy to open a bottle of red and offer a humble toast to his memory. Very sad news.

SJ351

• View Profile
Keith Judd
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 23:18:47 »
Yes, very sad to hear of Keith Judd's passing. He added much priceless and vital information to the AC Heritage archive and frequently visited classic car meetings at Brooklands. He told some great anecdotes - there is a tribute to him on the Team AC Facebook page.

terry3000me

• View Profile
Keith Judd
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 15:39:18 »
Keith's funeral is next Thursday 05 March, 10.20 hrs. Kingston Crematorium with a small reception afterwards. Details from Andy or myself.
   Terry

shep

• View Profile
Keith Judd
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 23:49:44 »
Keith Judd's service is on Thursday 5th March 10.20hrs at Kingston Crematorium, Benner Hill Road, Kingston upon Thames KT1 3EZ .

There will be a reception at The Antoinette Hotel, Beaufort Road, Kingston upon Thames KT1 2TQ afterwards. Friends and ACOC members will be welcome.

Andy.

shep

• View Profile
Keith Judd
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 00:24:00 »
I attended Keith's cremation today, and there were about 40 people present. According to the Eulogy he was a real character His talents were many and varied, and invariably involved an element of fun and devilment! Recently he had discovered the sport of gliding. I met Ian Turner who had a lot of inside stories of the AC business in Thames Ditton. Graham Wright, who incidentally shared our table at last Saturday's ACOC Dinner, and his wife Linda were the other ACOC representatives. My only regret is that I did not take an AC 428 Frua, and leave 2 black lines of rubber up the drive to the Crematorium. Undoubtedly Keith would have approved!