Author Topic: LX820 In the Cemetery!!!  (Read 3050 times)

REV

• View Profile
LX820 In the Cemetery!!!
« on: January 20, 2015, 17:56:40 »
I've just come across an article written in 1997 that includes a picture of the car in "The Cemetery" in Sao Paulo.

If you look at the photograph caption it Reads "Grave Sight: Bodies in Sao Paulo include this Ferrari 212 or is it a 250S?". So it was mistaken for a Ferrari, but it's definitely LX820. We always refer to it as "The Barchetta" as it must have been a copy of the Ferrari as it is so similar.

I thought there maybe someone who would like to see it. Another small amount of history to add to the cars file.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

And finally how it's taking shape.

It's been an incredibly long haul, but we are getting slowly closer to the end. The filler plastered all over the front was later used as the basis for a respray by previous renovators!. We ended up completely removing the body which has now been fully renovated by Shaun Rush of ASR and it's looking really nice. Hopefully on the home straight.

[/URL]

[/URL]

This picture was from when I purchased it.

[/URL]

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
LX820 In the Cemetery!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 11:14:28 »
I worked with John in the early 80's but had no time for cars then due to work load, but was frequently in Brazil & wished I had known of his interest in AC's, the car is turning out to be very nice complemented with the wire wheels, I hope you enjoy it when finished.

Robin

REV

• View Profile
LX820 In the Cemetery!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 17:58:49 »
Hi Robin,

Thanks for your kind words. I'm looking forward to finally driving it. It's been a five year slog now, but the efforts are finally beginning to show.

Did Jean buy the car?

I understand it went to America after Brazil. This is the article/letter from the Action Magazine dated 2002.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

This is a picture of it racing in Brazil circa 1955.

[/URL]

If anyone has anymore history on the car I'd love to hear it please.

Nick