Author Topic: An unknown 428....  (Read 4761 times)

Classicus

• View Profile
An unknown 428....
« on: January 04, 2015, 12:50:13 »
Going through some old Windows XP files over the Christmas break, I suddenly found 4 pics of a left hand drive automatic fastback Reg: NJT 430H that for some reason hadn't been transferred across to my current laptop.

Curiously there's no record of it anywhere so hopefully someone might recognise it, otherwise it'll have to stay as "Unknown 14" for the time being.....

http://acfrua428.activeboard.com/t19535676/unknown-cars/

cliffordl

• View Profile
An unknown 428....
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 12:44:41 »
Intersting garage companions. Is that a Montaverdi in the background along with a Dino? and note the Persian carpet on the floor.Could it be a museum?

Judging by the 6 dial dash and Clear Hooters switches it's circa 1960-70.

Oet59

• View Profile
An unknown 428....
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 22:58:27 »
Hi Guys , it is always nice to scroll over the Internet and find/see one of yor cars .
   This car is in Antwerp Belgium standing next to a Monteverdi 375L and an Orange Espada .
   The garage it is in is not a Museum but an old Bank vault refurbished as an Living room with aprox 20 other cars all with a nice story .
   There is Also the Gold 428 cov in the garage which made lately a trip from New York to Miami ..
   Also there is a bar in the middle of this place to have a drink with friends or car entheaustic people overlooking the cars and automobilia.
   This is also an invitation for 428 people if they want to drop by and have a drink ....because it is my " barn find happy hobby place ":-))
   The 428 is an perfect restored example owned already many years by me but lately  never driven because we can't find anyone around here in Antwerp who could got the allignment of the 4 wheels right !
   So if I hit the paddle at a red light the care is  swabbeling over the road from left to right .
   Anybody in for a coffee "sur place" or suggestions where They can do the alignment well , even when this needs to be done in England ?
   Problem is there are  no adjustable steering bars , maybe change for after market Cobra bars ?ideas ?
   Same time I would like to change the origanal woolfrace wheels for new wider wire wheels ..any ideas?
   Happy AC cruising for you all.....
   Alexander

nikbj68

• View Profile
An unknown 428....
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 23:18:51 »
Big Al at Thunder Road is the "Go to" guy for Cobra suspension set up, ask any of the UK based owners who have had their cars transformed there!

Classicus

• View Profile
An unknown 428....
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 09:53:11 »
Hi Alexander

Great thanks for posting and all the useful information very interesting indeed !

Very important please. In order to update the "AC 428 Register" as both cars are still unknown....

1. Could you please give the chassis numbers of both cars. CF or CFX ?
   2. As much history about them as possible.
   3. Where you bought them ?
   4. When you bought them ?
   5. What restoration work you have done on them ?
   6. Anything else of interest you can remember ?
   7. Finally do you have any more pictures of them as they would be very useful indeed.

Hope you can help....

Thanks again [:)]

Paul

Edit: Just remembered there's a garage in Brussels that restored and sold CF 9 so you could try them....?

http://acfrua428.activeboard.com/t15999627/cf-09/

http://www.v12-gt.com/Petites-annonces-gratuites-avec-photo-pour-acheter-ou-vendre-votre-voiture-de-luxe-sport-prestige-ou-de-collection/AC-428-Frua-VENDU-1968

Anc. Ets Vanderveken SA
   15-17 Chaussée de Roodebeek
   1200 Bruxelles
   Belgique

Tél : + 32 (0)2 770 72 92
   Fax : + 32 (0)2 772 57 45
   Email : [email protected]

Horaires d’ouverture :
   Du lundi au vendredi : de 8h à 12h, et de 13h à 18h
   Le Samedi : de 9h à 12h

shep

• View Profile
An unknown 428....
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 15:58:45 »
Hi Alexander, Wow! It just goes to show, you get a better class of collector with an AC 428 Frua!

Big Al at Thunder road used to work for us when we had Unicilp Automotive, and we restored several Fruas. He is well experienced in suspension set up as Nik suggests. Whilst it is worth checking there is no play in the suspension joints, there may be something else to blame. What you describe sounds more like a diff problem. I had the same problem with our own Frua. On a 3 lane motorway sitting in the centre lane, kick-down would result in a swerve to the right taking us into the next lane! Lifting off brought us half way back! We matched up tyre diameters and checked all the suspension without any improvement. Then we lubricated the plates in the Salisbury Differential, and bingo it was cured. After that it ran straight as an arrow whatever we did with the throttle. I hope that helps. Andy. PS if that works, I'll pop over for a beer!