Author Topic: Ace curved windscreen availibility  (Read 4051 times)

Exowner

• View Profile
Ace curved windscreen availibility
« on: December 12, 2014, 14:42:27 »
Hi there, does anyone out there know if there are any suppliers who hold curved Ace windscreens in the UK or close by? Mine is starting to de-laminate and, although it's fine at the moment, I thought I'd dip a toe in the water.
   Many thanks Glenn

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 15:10:16 »
Cris Glover Brasscraft, o1252 782 702

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 18:36:44 »
   Glen

I'm hoping to collect my Ace Flat Screen from Chris Glover on Sunday before meeting a couple of dozen ACOC members for Christmas Dinner at  The Mill (Elstead).
   Will check out his stock situation regards Flat and Curved screens for Ace and Cobra.[;)]

Keith..[:)]

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 19:02:48 »

Hi Glen.

Just phoned Chris....... BAD NEWS ....... my Flat screen isn't ready yet.[:(]
   However

GOOD NEWS...  Chris holds in Stock Curved Glass screens for both the Ace and the Cobra.......( They are different [;)])

Over the past 30 years Chris has supplied over 5000 curved Ace /Cobra Screens including those for the replica market.

Keith..[:)]

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 23:35:22 »
quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol...Over the past 30 years Chris has supplied over 5000 curved Ace /Cobra Screens ...

Blimey.. that`s about 3 each for EVERY Ace & Cobra ever built! God these AC owners are a careless bunch! [:o)]

Exowner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 10:06:19 »
Robin, Keith, Many thanks for the quick response. Well at least I don't have to panic about sourcing a replacement screen, just need to start saving up!
   Cheers, Glenn

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 10:48:31 »
quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol...Over the past 30 years Chris has supplied over 5000 curved Ace /Cobra Screens ...

Blimey.. that`s about 3 each for EVERY Ace & Cobra ever built! God these AC owners are a careless bunch! [:o)]

Nik

Thats the figure quoted by Chris, which according to simply Maths 30 years x 50 weeks equals 1500 units thats 3 a week.[;)] Did Chris / Brasscraft supply Screens for MK1V Cobras..[?]
   How many replicas are out there [?][?],  Then add replacements to keep our genuine ACs on the road...   Still a Bloody lot, Better response than The Blooming Fuel Caps...[B)]

At least somebody came up trumps with a reliable service and correct spec product to meet demand.

Keith..

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 11:24:44 »
   Called in to collect my original  Flat Screen complete with new laminated glass,  1st Class job by Chris. added Bonus,  Majority of invoice to be refunded by Insurance [;)].
   A quick thank you to Bertie...[^]

Had guided tour of Brasscraft workshop and stores...[:)]
   Chris confirmed he did supply Brian Anglis (AutoKraft ) with windscreens, Frames and fittings...[;)]
   Likewise he supplies AC Heritage, Hawk Cars, Europa etc and ships worldwide.
   Had to leap frog over a wooden packing case housing 5 new screens destined for Sweden Business appears good, long may  these services  continue

I Have requested Chris write a article for ACtion on Brasscraft history with AutoKraft and guide on correct way to rebuild and fit screens,  a positive response.. maybe during 2015..[?]

Keith

bbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 21:14:13 »
Can confirm fine craftmanship by Mr Glover.  His windscreen has been on my Kirkham 289 FIA for some 12 or 13 years.  Arrived in a wooden crate here in California in perfect condition.

Regarding Keith's comment on proper way to fit the screen, I called Cris to confirm any critical issues prior to initial fitment and he advised to double check distance between side posts.  The windscreen should just slide into place between the posts without force, not too tight, not too loose.  [:)]  The fit on my car was perfect without any "adjustments" needed.
   Bert