Author Topic: Silverstone Classic 2015  (Read 11387 times)

nikbj68

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2015, 10:56:01 »
Erm...
   The above map(v.12) has been revised for some reason... this is the latest(v.15) issue:

Can`t see why they have shifted the ACOC, there appears to be no logical explanation.

Sadly, due to the passing of my stepfather this weekend, I won`t be at Silverstone on Friday, but hope to be there for Saturday & Sunday. [:(]

Also, Dad has other commitments, so cannot attend with the Greyhound. [V]

David S

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2015, 15:44:47 »
Have had e-mail correspondence with the organisers and they have now moved us to where the Ginetta's where positioned -  which is roughly where we were on the original map shown in this post.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2015, 19:15:10 »
   David.

Thank you for chasing up and confirming hopefully our final resting place, away from the Cobra Kits.

The price of tickets just keeps going up and up and up.
   The respect the organisers have for our club is so bloody poor,
   Last year they have my support.....

No wonder many of the club stands are so poorly attended compared with earlier days.

Bah   Humbug !!!

Keith...[:(]..[V]..

bobbylangley

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2015, 10:19:40 »
Looks like you are next to the 289 Register Keith...

nikbj68

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 11:09:54 »
Weren`t, then were, now aren`t again! Keep up, Bob!!! [;)]

SB7015

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2015, 10:18:36 »
No ACOC flag!!!
   No other ACOC members!!!
   I suppose all the older ACs parked up in their garages or museum!!!!!!!!

Malcolm

DGoose

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2015, 21:56:03 »
Just back from a very wet but enjoyable day, many thanks to David Skittles for organising the club display over the three days.

Light on Car's today, due I guess to the horrible but unusually accurate weather forecast.

[/URL]

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2015, 01:13:37 »
.Dave Skittles.

Your Dad is a hardy Soul,  I would never have dreamt of putting my father through Fridays torrential rain, Saturdays overcast windy weather then a third day of yet more RAIN.........
   Seriously, Nice to put a Face to a Name, thanks for your effort in changing the ACOC location not once but two or even three times.

Saturday, met up briefly with Peter De Rousset-Hall ( Minus Mobile, possible Insurance claim?) and a fair few members during the day.
   Apologies to Nik Bagshaw,  didn't mean to get side tracked by Family
   to put tonneau on BEX333..[B)]

Sunday , Well soaked before I arrived and only had to drive 9 miles door to door,  Late arrival, early departure,  racing held up due to Torrential ......RAIN.   Spent a few hours over in the  New Paddock and Pits,  a few more goes with Granddaughter and Family on the Dodgems and the Helter skelter which gets bloody fast when the slide is wet.

Then bumped into David Goose and offered him Shelter at home as he
   definitely looked like he had been swepted overboard in a hurricane. I seemed the only daft soul without a hood or side screens...[:(]
   Hardy or a slow learner [?].... no don't answer that.

Then really sensible decision,  Go Home,  Hot food, couple of drinks and some DRY clothes.  Home sweet home..[:)]

Thanks Dave Skittle for organising the ACOC Location,  really good spot for watching racing ACtion 9 /10...[:)]..Organising weather
   3/10 ..[:(]..[V]...Seriously good to see 11 ACs on stand on Saturday
   and meet up with some ACOC Members.

Keith..

David S

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2015, 10:36:59 »
To those that survived Fridays rain, the luck ones that choice Saturday and then the unlucky ones that came to Sunday for rain and cold winds - thanks for representing the AC Owners Club over the 3 days.
   We had a good position by Luffield with the track right behind our position and a gravel drive way in front so no problems with parking on the grass.

With Saturday being the busiest day with many questions, lots of interest and many photographs taken.

I hope next year everyone who came this year can attend next year and maybe bring along another member with an AC for our stand. As we attend these events we continue to represent and remind people of the AC Marque with the rich history and wide variation of cars built by AC.
   Already looking forward to a, hopefully, dry Silverstone Classic in 2016.

David Skittles

nikbj68

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2015, 19:59:30 »
It was great to talk to as many ACOC members as I could over the weekend, and Saturday`s turnout was the best I can remember for many a year, and I was particularly chuffed to see the RS Ace... Gorgeous!
   Well done David, I hope everyone is drying out OK, I think it will take a while!
   I think God must hate Silverstone, for as the last car took the chequered flag in the last race, the rain stopped, the wind dropped, and the sun even poked it`s head around a cloud!!! Looking forward to better next year already!

nikbj68

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2015, 17:54:35 »
For those who missed all the thrilling action, an hour-long highlights programme will be screened tonight on ITV4 at 8:00pm with a follow-up repeat at 12:00am on Saturday 15 August and 10:45am on Sunday 16 August.

aaron

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2015, 15:53:34 »
Far too much rain for my liking , I went home on sunday morning !