Author Topic: Silverstone Classic 2015  (Read 11388 times)

David S

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« on: December 05, 2014, 13:05:41 »
the tickets for the 2015 Silverstone Classic are now available, it will be the 25th anniversary.

As the ACOC, are we going to attend?

shep

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 14:40:50 »
Hi David, It would be great to have a stand again at the Silverstone Classic. This year I was racing on the Saturday in a Cobra so didn't spend much time on the ACOC Stand, but I heard the attendance was a bit sparse. It may be that the entrance tickets at £50 and £60 for each day put off some of our members. If there are enough who are prepared to man the stand and supply their ACs, then I am sure the Club will be prepared to book the space. What do you think?
   Last month we had a stand with 4 ACs at the NEC Classic Car Show, and I took my Ace Bristol race car up on the Thursday and left it on the stand until Sunday evening. Jeremy and Tony Witt organised the stand and did a great job. I was a bit of a lightweight as I could only make the Sunday, but enjoyed chatting to interested parties, and being generally informative. Mind you it is quite tiring on your feet all day, never mind all 3 days!
   I am sure this post will generate enough interest to make it happen. What do other members think?

David S

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 14:52:14 »
Indeed it is a problem and about the owners wanting to put their cars on show. Silverstone Classic was a low turn out for the ACOC, although some nice cars were on show. Having been to Silverstone Classic for many years I will be attending next year and my AC hopeful will be able to part of the ACOC. As part of attending happy to my part on stand duty, but we do need others to attend and do a little stand duty.
   Price wise, if ACOC are attending then there is a lowering of the price in that tickets are offered 2 for price of 1 (of course only useful if 2 attend).
   What is the view of other ACOC members?

nikbj68

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 08:11:07 »
We were unfortunate to have had mechanical problems stopping the Greyhound from attending(turned out to be a bad batch of fuel!!!) but will be there in her again next year. I really like the event, and I`m sure we can get more than half a dozen AC`s there next year?

alexG

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 23:17:25 »
2 years ago there was some kind of club discount available to members attending the Classic generally. I seem to remember there was an ad in Action quoting a code to use? Does anyone know if that is the same this year please?

David S

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 16:38:20 »
Silverstone Classic is due to be discussed at the monthly club meeting in February so hopefully we will know soon if the club is to attend

Boffin

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 10:15:07 »
Do we have the Code for the AC Owners Club, with this we can purchase a 3 day ticket at a discounted price, there is an increase after 31 March.

shep

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 12:29:48 »
At this month's Council Meeting we all agreed to make the Silverstone Classic part of the ACOC 2015 calendar of events and will reserve a Club Stand. Once we have an official booking, the organisers will release the Club discount code, which will allow members to purchase tickets at reduced prices. Watch this space! David if you would like to start mustering some troops to park their ACs on the stand so we have cover over the 3 days, I will be happy to give any help you may need. If we can start organising this early, it should not be too difficult to ensure we have at least 4 cars each day. Andy.

David S

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 18:49:07 »
Finally have received the club code for booking tickets to the Silverstone Classic.

The tickets are discounted on a 2 for 1 basis and if booked before end of March the tickets are slighly cheaper. All tickets need to be booked for parking on the club stand by end of May.

Note sure is the code will this months ACtion but is shown below:
   C1525110.

I have attached the link for buying tickets and the site includes alot of detail on what is happening at the Silverstone Classic this year.
   www.silverstoneclassic.com/buytickets

I look forward to receiving some more interest

shep

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 16:15:41 »
Thanks David, I will pass the news on, in case it misses the next ACtion Magazine.

David S

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 11:22:29 »
If book before end of March the tickets are 15% cheaper so please book as early as possible.
   The tickets are discounted on a 2 for 1 basis.
   All tickets need to be booked for parking on the club stand by end of May.

I have attached the link for buying tickets and the site includes a lot of detail on what is happening at the Silverstone Classic this year.

David S

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 16:19:44 »
As this is the last day of March this is the final day that you can get an additional discount on the tickets of 15% the tickets and are on a 2 for 1 basis.

All tickets need to be booked for parking on the club stand by end of May.

I have attached the link for buying tickets and the site includes a lot of detail on what is happening at the Silverstone Classic this year.

David S

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2015, 21:14:08 »
Dear All,

just a polite reminder that for those who would like to attend the Silverstone Classic with their AC  - the owners club tickets are available until 31st May.

David S

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 18:06:55 »
Only a few weeks away and finally received some information on where we will have our club area. I had responded once I knew where the club area was allocated and received the following e-mail:

You are in S13 which is the long wide grass bank next to the old brook lands track. Although you will be parked on the grass the track runs alongside it and you are next to the track, also the grass is usually very hard so not what you might call proper grass. We do try to site clubs where they want but sometimes are unable to due to the huge numbers attending and the jigsaw like fitting in.

I have attached the map with your position and that of the 289 register (at the opposite end) so hopefully that will be welcome.

nikbj68

• View Profile
Silverstone Classic 2015
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2015, 18:31:46 »
Here`s the ACOC location on the Map sent to David:

Not a bad spot this year... you can possibly see some of the track from there!