Author Topic: Rear Suspension  (Read 5393 times)

AcemanToo

• View Profile
Rear Suspension
« on: October 24, 2014, 18:32:59 »
Does anyone know what the rear suspension hubs, pivots and bushes are off? I'm suspecting Granada / Scorpio or suchlike but any help with parts or suppliers would be much appreciated!

Many thanks in anticipation![:)]DE 1034

Nev

• View Profile
Rear Suspension
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 19:55:47 »
Granada Scorpio as far as I know, i might have a spare pne I cam photograph if that helps at all??

AcemanToo

• View Profile
Rear Suspension
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 12:03:26 »
quote:
Originally posted by AcemanToo

Does anyone know what the rear suspension hubs, pivots and bushes are off? I'm suspecting Granada / Scorpio or suchlike but any help with parts or suppliers would be much appreciated!

Many thanks in anticipation![:)]DE 1034

Hi Nev,
   Many thanks for that! A comparison photo would be great!

Nev

• View Profile
Rear Suspension
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 16:09:09 »
I should be able to do that next weekend,

AcemanToo

• View Profile
Rear Suspension
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 16:28:55 »
I've checked in the Granada Scorpio workshop manual and although there are some Scorpio bits such as the brakes and the drive shafts, it looks like the hub unit is a special part from sources unknown. I'm trying to get hold of the rear outer top and bottom fulcrum pins and bushes due to some play appearing on the lower nearside one. Any new ideas gratefully received! Maybe it'll come to having them made up specially.......

AcemanToo

• View Profile
Rear Suspension
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 16:30:20 »
I've checked in the Granada Scorpio workshop manual and although there are some Scorpio bits such as the brakes and the drive shafts, it looks like the hub unit is a special part from sources unknown. I'm trying to get hold of the rear outer top and bottom fulcrum pins and bushes due to some play appearing on the lower nearside one. Any new ideas gratefully received! Maybe it'll come to having them made up specially.......

Max Allan

• View Profile
Rear Suspension
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 20:19:19 »
The hub carriers are magnesium, so likely to be made specially for the Ace. Couldn't decide what type of bearing are use in lower fulcrums. I had expected to see tapered roller, but they appear to be needle rollers or bushes. However, wear wasn't my reason for removing the hubs, so didn't investigate further.

Several points that might be of assistance - a) nearside hub retaining nut has left hand thread b) puller is needed to separate hub from stub axle c) the hubs are a tight fit on the lower wishbones - I made a spreader to spring the lugs apart sufficiently to slide the hubs back on.

Nev

• View Profile
Rear Suspension
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 20:51:13 »
Mail sent with link to photo

AcemanToo

• View Profile
Rear Suspension
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 15:55:24 »
Hi Max, many thanks for your information! The lower fulcrum pin on my Ace's rear n/s suspension has a small amount of play in it - enough to get an advisory in the MOT. I suspect that the pin is specially made along with the bushes. Could be interesting! Regards, Patrick.

quote:
Originally posted by Max Allan

The hub carriers are magnesium, so likely to be made specially for the Ace. Couldn't decide what type of bearing are use in lower fulcrums. I had expected to see tapered roller, but they appear to be needle rollers or bushes. However, wear wasn't my reason for removing the hubs, so didn't investigate further.

Several points that might be of assistance - a) nearside hub retaining nut has left hand thread b) puller is needed to separate hub from stub axle c) the hubs are a tight fit on the lower wishbones - I made a spreader to spring the lugs apart sufficiently to slide the hubs back on.

AcemanToo

• View Profile
Rear Suspension
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 15:57:34 »
Hi Nev, Many thanks for the photo! I've sent an email to you regards the problem. Regards, Patrick.
quote:
Originally posted by Nev

Mail sent with link to photo

Max Allan

• View Profile
Rear Suspension
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 09:58:27 »
Hi Aceman Too. It will be interesting to know what’s revealed once hubs are stripped. Hope you will share your findings with us!

In an earlier post I asked if anyone knew how the instrument panel is held in place? For anyone interested, it’s held in place with nothing more sophisticated  than Velcro!!