Author Topic: CLB engine to Moss transmission release bearing  (Read 4028 times)

59 Aceca

• View Profile
CLB engine to Moss transmission release bearing
« on: October 23, 2014, 16:03:21 »
I need to replace the release bearing in my CLB engined Aceca and am hoping someone can provide a reference for the part.  It's hard to make out the numbers stamped into the one removed from the car but they appear to be something close to 19604 1939 but it's hard to know for sure.  Thanks in advance for any reference provided.

Greg

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 16:50:58 »
I am not sure of the numbers cast into the housing but you can obtain these from an Austin Healey parts outlet for I believe the BN! or 2 it is important you get the correct offset dimension from the pivot centre to the thrust face but you should be able to find one, Ahead 4 Healeys is a good starting point who are near Derby, if you goggle them you should find the or Dennis Welsh Healeys

59 Aceca

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 17:36:13 »
Robin, a belated thank you for your post.  Do you happen to know what the correct offset dimension is for my situation?  My current T/O bearing offset is right around 0.89 inches.  What's curious is that my clutch disk is common to an Austin Healey 100-6 and pressure plate common to 100-4 but, dimensionally, my "original" T/O bearing is closer to one that would go into an MGB.  This is per Moss Motors here in the U.S.  That begs the question of whether the one I removed is the correct one for the car.

Greg

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 14:41:15 »
Greg
   I am sorry I have taken a long time to reply but I have now measured a clutch throw out bearing offset on an AC Saloon clutch which should be similar to the CLB Aceca engine, the distance from the centre of the journal which fits into the yoke to the carbon face is 1.148" , this is a used carbon but looks fairly unworn so it is probably 1.150" or thereabouts!
   If you contact the Austin Healey BN1/2 parts suppliers they should have a similar carbon thrust assembly, so should be able to find one in USA, if not try AHead4Healeys in the UK.

Regards

Robin

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 14:59:18 »
Greg
   Have checked with the Healey people in UK & I believe the release bearing for the BN2-6 Healeys should have the correct offset which is approximately 30mm or 1.18" so could be 0.03" bigger than the part I measured, you might just need to verify the pivot diameter to fit into your yoke as it might be slightly smaller diameter!

Robin

59 Aceca

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 03:53:24 »
Robin,

Thank you very much for all of your efforts and information.

Greg

rsk289

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 10:13:37 »
The best source for Healey parts in the UK is AH Spares of Southam, who manufacture a lot of the parts supplied by others.  As a serial Healey owner, I've used them for years.

http://www.ahspares.co.uk

Roger