Author Topic: California Photo Library  (Read 2832 times)

jrlucke

• View Profile
California Photo Library
« on: October 08, 2014, 02:47:40 »
I just found that the Stanford University Library in California has established a very large photo library related to automobiles.

There are not a large number of images categorized under "AC" but in looking at one collection (Webb Canepa)I found a number of early 1960 images at various California venues (I didn't know there were sports car races at South Lake Tahoe and the Stockton race in the rain is pure pandemonium (including Ace #17)!). The only car I identified was the Pellandrini "Beware 1" for which there is a specific topic on the forum.

https://revslib.stanford.edu/?_=1412728707421&f[marque_ssim][]=AC&page=4

John

alexG

• View Profile
California Photo Library
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 22:10:22 »
Very good link, thanks John. If you just type in AC on the home page you get 192 images, ok you have to ignore the Ulster AC Dinner dance and the Cambridge University AC sprint (!) but you are still left with 100 or so of AC's inc some early shots at Goodwood etc. Recommended.

rsk289

• View Profile
California Photo Library
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 09:13:09 »
Cambridge University AC Sprint?

I'd be very interested to hear more about that.  I'm ex-CUAC and am in the early stages of planning a history of this interesting club, and would love to hear from anyone with memories of anyone and anything!

Roger

tim isles

• View Profile
California Photo Library
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 09:42:04 »
John,
   Thank you, some really great pictures, most of which I've never seen before. Those of the Le Mans cars are fascinating. I found the photos of Pellandini Ace too - I'm still searching for what happened to it!
   Tim