Author Topic: Front lower balljoints, rear wishbone pins  (Read 2598 times)

rsk289

• View Profile
Front lower balljoints, rear wishbone pins
« on: February 06, 2015, 11:29:57 »
I'd be very grateful for advice on these parts.  I have replaced the original front lower balljoints with the smaller-type pin and bronze cup arrangements as original, and the rear lower wishbone pin and self-lubricating bushes, supplied by Hawk Cars.  I'm wondering if the front steel ball-pin and the rear wishbone pin should be hard chromed for increased wear resistance, and if it's worth getting the rear pin drilled for a grease nipple.  Any thoughts on this, and who might be able to do this for me?
   Thanks,
   Roger

Klassik Metall

• View Profile
Front lower balljoints, rear wishbone pins
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 17:52:24 »
Hi Roger,

I have a pair of rear wishbone pins that were supplied by  Brian Eacott three or four years ago and they are hard chromed. They also came with DU type self lubricating bushes and spacer washers. It may be cheaper to buy new pins from him rather than to have yours plated and ground.

I'm sure I've seen some rear wishbones that had the knuckles drilled and tapped, to fit grease nipples for the bushes.I'm afraid I can't help on the front joints as I'm not familiar with the parts mentioned.

Regards
   Luke.