Author Topic: AC engine "fast road" cam  (Read 3220 times)

59 Aceca

• View Profile
AC engine "fast road" cam
« on: July 17, 2014, 16:44:51 »
I am curious to know if anyone has swapped out their original cam for this one and, if so, what their impressions are, i.e. mild improvement, major improvement, drawbacks, etc.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Greg

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 20:52:44 »
Which Fast Road Camshaft are you referring to? Are they supplied in USA?

I do know the Fast Road camshaft I supplied to a Frazer Nash owner went well on the original AC Rockers, have just had some good Dyno results on my high lift Camshaft & Rocker system, it might be worth exploring what you can achieve from your existing set up though before spending too much money!

59 Aceca

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 23:29:22 »
Hi Robin,

I was referring to the Fast Road camshaft that you and Rod Briggs supply.  I'm not aware of anything available in the U.S.  Assuming I stick with my original rockers is there any real benefit to this cam?

Thank you,

Greg

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 07:36:29 »
Greg
   Unfortunately I do not have any Dyno test results for my Fast Road camshaft for the standard AC Rockers, I am however willing to give you contact details of the guy who has raced with the cam if you send me an Email, he was clearly very happy with the performance.
   One interesting thing we found however on testing my new high valve lift Fast Road package was the dramatic affect the SU carburettor condition had on the results, which was caused by too fast a fall of the piston in the dashpot, this was well outside the SU specification & by fitting  good dashpots & pistons there was a dramatic improvement in results right through to 6,000 RPM, at this point the torque started to fall but BHP was continuing.
   In addition clearly ignition timing, plugs & ensuring the cam timing is accurately set is very important.
   So have a good check on some of these areas with your current camshaft before making major investments.

Regards

Robin

59 Aceca

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 16:53:41 »
Robin,

I sent you an email via the portal on this site.  Please let me know if you didn't receive.

Thanks,

Greg

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 19:45:47 »
Greg
   Not seen any Email as yet.
   Robin