Author Topic: 2014 International & Classic Le Mans  (Read 6467 times)

ACOCArch

• View Profile
2014 International & Classic Le Mans
« on: July 16, 2014, 01:57:24 »
Just back from a superb 10 days in France for the combined International and Classic Le Mans.

Great venues, brilliant driving, and fantastic company - all in the very best ACOC tradition.

Huge thanks to Keith, Julie and Jean-Marc for organising an absolutely outstanding event

Sue & John

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 10:45:21 »
Arrived back home yesterday evening after 1.940 kms of happy motoring on French roads in a reliable car, an AC. The ACOC International, brillantly organised by Jean-Marc and Keith and Julie, was a success. Apart from Sunday 13th, Jean-Marc's weather connection had worked excessively well, such that the drives on D-routes through forested and rural areas was a delight. Thanks to all participants, ACOC friendship was at its best, as usual.
   More report and some pics to come.
   Thank you Jean-Marc, Julie and Keith.[:)][:)]

Constant & Dany, my lovely co-pilot who endured hours of waiting outside Lohéac museum [;)]

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 21:26:32 »
What an excellent meeting - thanks to Jean Marc, Keith, Julie and all attendees for making it so memorable. 946 miles by 16/70, and a few more in a Vintage 6.

DGoose

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 09:35:55 »
Many thanks to Jean Marc, Keith & Julie.

A thoroughly enjoyable few days playing with cars & spending time with friends.

Roll on Luxembourg 2015.

David & Cathy

westcott

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 22:41:47 »
Are there any details available for Luxembourg 2015?

Month or date?

Uwe
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 02:29:51 »
Julie & I

Take this opportunity to thank everyone for the fabulous set of engraved  Whisky Tumblers and the support we received from you all.

Touring for 2 people for 11 days in a Ace, plus Ali trolley jack, tools, spares, clothes and prezzies left no room to pack the 4 lead crystal glasses, so Julie and I plan to collect them from David and Cathy Goose at the National and fill them with a good Malt..[^]...[:p]

Mileage in BEX333 1005 miles, by Friday week Julie had OD on Cars and riding in BEX so I joined Robert Jewers for approx 250/300 miles in his 7 litre Cobra..[:)]...[:)]
   Can honestly say the ride, grunt and creature comforts in a Cobra far outway my Ace.......... MK1V Cobra to join BEX333... hmmm..[;)]

Thank you all for making the Le Mans Classic and the AC International a Great Success,  Brill food, Brill wine, great scenery with superb itinerary organised by Jean Marc.

Last but not least a truelly brilliant Social event with a cosmopolitan group of ACOC Friends... 2015  ACOC  International in Luxembourg is a MUST !!

Keith & Julie   ..[:)]..[8D]

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 14:53:58 »
quote:
Originally posted by westcott

Are there any details available for Luxembourg 2015?

Month or date?

Uwe

not yet, but coming soon ...
   Constant

SB7015

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 12:37:42 »
Many thanks to Julie, Keith & Jean Marc for all their hard work and time arranging the Classic Le Mans & AC France International.

Some wonderful places were visited ......some of which we cannot disclose! [:D]

A great time had by all with like minded people.

Looking forward to ACOC Luxembourg 2015. Any news on the dates?

Malcolm & Sarah

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 09:26:23 »
   Re: ACOC  French International 2014... PHOTO's,  Compilation ....  CD /  DVD

Julie and I took about 100 photos, Peter De Rousset-Hall has furnished me with a CD of some 100+ pictures, Sheilagh Chapman and Jean Marc have emailed me a
   few additional pictures.

All those who supply me with a good selection of photo's  from the French International will have their pictures complied  with others and receive a Free  DVD
   compliation, Which hopefully captures the true atmosphere of the ACOC French International 2014..[;)]

Photos of places of interest, club members ( Nothing Incriminating) and of course some of the ACs, not forgetting  Florence's " Aston Martin"..[;)]

Closing date  "  end of September ",  I will endevour to send out
   Free DVD's in November. [:)]

If someone  has the skill and facilities to add background music to accompany the pictures please volunteer and we will do a joint venture,
   Just leaves me to find someone artistic to produce a suitable  cover[;)]..

Keith..[:)]..[:)]

MkIV Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 22:41:35 »
I'll send you a CD, Keith

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 14:39:17 »
A BIG Thank You.
   From Keith  & Julie, for the Surprise presentation at the ACOC National of the Three silver Framed Peter de Rousset-Hall photos, from all the ACOC members at the ACOC French International and Le Mans Classic..... (copy of two pictures attached below).
   Really was a surprise and really appreciated by both Julie and I.  Was not necessary but will be treasured by us both.
   Let's hope next year's ACOC international in Luxembourg is as good or even surpasses all expectation.
   Once again  a Big Thank You... Keith.

bobbylangley

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 21:10:28 »
It's Mr Pastry in his AC....