Author Topic: clutch cable  (Read 2948 times)

AK1161

• View Profile
clutch cable
« on: July 05, 2014, 15:06:51 »
Hi everyone.
   The clutch cable has gone on my rhd mkiv cobra and I wondered if anyone has a part number or a place where I can purchase one.
   Thanks in advance.
   Luke

Kevin C

• View Profile
clutch cable
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 20:16:11 »
Just bought one this week- Hawk Cars 01892 750282 or email enquites@hawkcars.co.uk. Got it as a spare so haven't fitted it yet, it looks very well made.

Exowner

• View Profile
clutch cable
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 12:23:53 »
I recently enquired about a spare clutch and throttle cable and was told that the clutch cable varied over the years and a spare could only be copied from my car, not supplied 'Off the shelf' Hope this helps avoid the scenario whereby the carefully carried spare clutch cable is found not to fit when the original gives up the ghost

cobham cobra

• View Profile
clutch cable
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 13:26:06 »
Experience has taught me to always carry spare clutch and throttle cables. Thunder Road usually carry a few in stock and it's always been an off-the-shelf item. I think I'm now on my third or fourth cable in 10 years and 25,000 miles. BTW if you ever need to get the clutch cable replaced by the roadside or away from home make sure you keep the big bit of plastic which is part of the connection as it’s the hardest part to get when getting a new cable made. I found this out after I’d thanked the AA man  and watched him drive off with my old cable in his van.
   John.